Fireball Apple Fritters will keep the party going through dessert! A fresh apple fritter coated with a cinnamon whiskey batter, fried and tossed with cinnamon sugar. The ultimate party dessert recipe!
Why You’ll Love These Apple Fritters
People have been going crazy over Fireball for a long time now. I prefer to cook with Fireball as opposed to drinking it, but that’s just me. For me it adds a nice cinnamon-whisky flavor to your food without having to spend to much on the bottle.
I’ve done a few desserts with Fireball that have been pretty popular so far…these Fireball Whiskey Cheesecake Shots and these Fireball Whisky Apple Pies. Usually when we have apples we throw together an easy apple crisp for dessert, but today it’s going to be all about frying up some fritters.
- Party Worthy: Not only are these apple fritters delicious, they’ll be a hit at any party you serve them at.
- Unique Recipe: This unique fritter recipe uses cinnamon whiskey in the batter to kick up the flavor.
- Fresh Flavor: A fresh apple ring is the base of these fritters, perfect for fall when apples are at their best.
- Customizable: Of course, you can leave the whiskey out of this recipe if you like. Add a scoop of ice cream on top and a drizzle of chocolate or caramel sauce.
How To Make Fireball Apple Fritters
I kept the skin on for these fritters but if you prefer to peel them it’s totally fine too.
- Start by slicing your apples into about 1/4″ thick slices (we used a mandolin but a sharp knife will work too) and then cut out the core with a knife or a cutter as shown above.
- Make the batter by adding flour, beer and cinnamon whisky to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Dip the apple slices into the beer and whiskey batter, letting the excess batter drip off.
- Heat canola or vegetable oil in a pot, filled halfway up the sides. Once the oil reaches 350 degrees, dip the apple slices in and fry until brown and crispy on both sides.
- You can fry more than one at a time, just make sure not to crowd the pot.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate and dust with cinnamon sugar on both sides. Serve immediately.
- Alternately, you can make a bowl of cinnamon sugar and dredge the apple fritters in the mixture.
We prefer to serve the apple fritters warm, pretty close to after they’ve been made. You can keep the fritters warm on a baking sheet in a 250 degree oven until you’re ready to serve them.
- Chocolate Fondue: Make a quick chocolate fondue for dipping the apple fritters into.
- Ice Cream: Serve the fritters with a scoop of ice cream on top. Vanilla, chocolate, caramel, butterscotch or butter pecan are our favorite options.
- Cocktails: Our Cinnamon Toast Crunch drink would go perfectly with this dessert, as would these Apple Cider Mimosas. This Fireball Apple Sangria is always a fun cocktail for parties, too!
Looking For More Dessert Recipes?Print
Fireball Apple Fritters will keep the party going on through dessert! Make these apple fritters at your next party and watch them disappear!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup light beer
- 3 ounces cinnamon whiskey
- 4 large apples sliced into 1/4” thick rounds
- 1/2 cup sugar mixed with 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- canola or vegetable oil for frying
- Start heating up a large pot filled only halfway with oil over medium heat to 350 degrees.
- Make the batter by adding the flour, beer and cinnamon whiskey to a bowl and whisking together well. Let the batter sit while you slice the apples.
- Slice the apples to 1/4″ thick rounds and then cut the cores out with a knife.
- Once the oil comes to temperature, dip the apple slices into the batter so they are fully coated, letting the excess drip off and then carefully into the oil. Fry as many in your pot as you can with out the fritters touching.
- Cook the fritters for 2-3 minutes, flipping over once during the cooking time.
- Drain onto paper towels and then dip into the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Serve immediately or keep warm on a sheet pan in a 200 degree oven.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: American