This Whipped Feta Bruschetta is perfect for serving at parties! Whipped feta has such a creamy, tangy flavor that goes perfectly with fresh tomatoes!
What Is Bruschetta?
Bruschetta, like this Whipped Feta Bruschetta, is an appetizer from Italy that consists of some sort of toasted or grilled bread topped with chopped tomatoes, garlic and salt. Bruschetta recipes can vary greatly, as we’ve already shown you above, and literally all of them are so delicious.
What can be better than toasted or grilled bread with just about ANY topping. If you’re a carbavore like we are, there’s nothing better. Plus when you are serving lots of delicious cocktail recipes, you need a few carbs to help soak up all that booze.
How Do You Make Whipped Feta Bruschetta?
We started with these beautiful heirloom cherry tomatoes but any small tomato that looks good at your farm stand or grocery store will work.
Chop the tomatoes into bite sized pieces and toss them with vinegar, garlic and shallots and a good amount of olive oil. Cover and let the tomatoes sit in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
Now for the whipped feta! Add feta cheese, parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste for seasonings and adjust with salt and pepper if needed.
Now just grill or toast your bread slices, top with the whipped feta and then a pile of tomatoes. Make up a whole platter and serve to your company. Everyone will be eating their veggies tonight!
Can You Make This Bruschetta Recipe Ahead Of Time?
You definitely can and you have a couple of choices. Toast the bread, make the tomatoes and whip the feta cheese. When you’re ready to serve you can quickly assemble the bruschetta in just a few minutes. This is the way that I’d make this appetizer recipe ahead of time for the best texture and flavor.
But you can make this Whipped Feta Bruschetta and let it sit out for at least an hour ahead of time. The bread might get a little soft on top from the cheese topping but it will still be good and crunchy.
Looking For More Appetizer Recipes?Print
Delicious, creamy whipped feta with parmesan cheese tops this bruschetta!
- 1 french baguette (A thinner loaf, not the thicker Italian bread)
- 2 pounds grape tomatoes, diced into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice the baguettes into 1/2″ thick slices and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and place in the oven for 5 minutes. Turn and bake another 3-4 minutes until brown on the other side. Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Chop the tomatoes into bite sized pieces, then add the vinegars, garlic, shallots, salt and pepper to taste and basil leaves. Place in the refrigerator for a half an hour to chill.
- Add the feta, parmesan cheese and cream cheese in a food processor. Pulse a few times, then add the lemon juice and olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the toasted baguette and top with the whipped feta. Then top with a mound of the tomatoes. Repeat with all the toasts and serve on a platter.
- Serving Size: 8
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bruschetta recipe, feta cheese, appetizer recipes, easy appetizers, tomatoes