Tuna Melt Bruschetta is the best appetizer on a budget! A mini version of the most delicious tuna melt sandwich you’ve ever had!
Because we all need a break with the cash flow these days! This bruschetta recipe is not only pretty to look at, but I promise it’s the best little bite with your beer, wine or glass of champagne! Also check out our Classic Tomato Bruschetta (also budget friendly) and this fun Italian Sub Bruschetta, a mini Italian Sub in one bite!
Tuna Melt Bruschetta
Who doesn’t love a tuna melt? I can tell you, I really, really do. These little tuna melt appetizers are one of the best things that’s come out of our kitchen these days. So easy to make and super wallet friendly.
Because I feel like once we get to New Year’s Eve, everyone feels a little exhausted. Both physically and money-wise. So we’re here to give you the best little appetizer that money can buy!
What Are The Best Ingredients For Tuna Melt Bruschetta?
When you are making a recipe as simple as this bruschetta, you do want to make sure that all your ingredients are the best they can be! Start by buying good quality tuna fish. Albacore is great, definitely not the “chunk light” kind that the tuna fish is brown and very watery.
Bumblebee makes a low sodium, white albacore tuna fish that we use all the time, and it’s especially good for making this Tuna Melt Bruschetta.
As far as the cheese goes, we like a nutty gruyere cheese. Gruyere can be pricey, so if you’re looking to find a cheaper option you can go with a sharp cheddar. Definitely something that has a lot of tang and flavor, not something mild in flavor.
Fresh dill is also a must. Dried dill really doesn’t have a ton of flavor and fresh dill it’s very inexpensive to buy at the grocery store. If dill isn’t a flavor that you like you can also use chives or even fresh parsley.
How Do You Make This Bruschetta Recipe?
- Start by making the tuna fish salad, which you can do the day before if you need to. Making the tuna fish salad even a couple of hours before hand is also good to let the flavors come together.
- Slice and toast a baguette either in the oven or in your toasted oven. Just enough to get a light brown color on it, not too much that the bread will be too crispy and hard.
- Place the toasted bread on a baking sheet and start to assemble the bruschetta. Add a couple of tablespoons of the tuna salad onto the bread slices, followed by a tablespoon of the shredded cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, top with more fresh dill and serve!
What Can I Substitute In This Bruschetta Recipe?
Just like we’ve already talked about with the dill, you can swap out the ingredients in this bruschetta recipe to make it your own!
- Use crab meat, imitation lobster meat (or real lobster meat!) instead of tuna fish
- Different cheese like sharp cheddar, pepper jack, Swiss or blue cheese crumbles
- Use slider rolls instead of sliced bread to make hot sliders
- Add other ingredients to the tuna salad like chopped pickles, finely diced celery, even hot sauce or sriracha!
Looking For More Appetizer Recipes?
- Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Perfect Deviled Eggs
- Crispy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Buffalo Chicken Celery Sticks
- Italian Deli Roll Ups
- Crispy Fingerling Potato Chips
Tuna Melt Bruschetta
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 16 appetizers 1x
This delicious, budget friendly appetizer is one of our favorites to serve on holidays or game days! Serve these mini tuna melts right along with your cheese board, or all on their own!
- 2 (5 ounce) cans white albacore tuna, drained well
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 1–2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 baguette, cut into 1 inch slices and lightly toasted
- Make the tuna salad by adding the tuna, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper, dill and onion to a bowl. Mix together to combine, cover and chill for an hour if possible. If time is tight, go ahead and assemble the bruschetta and bake.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Assemble the bruschetta. Place the toasted bread slices onto a baking sheet and top with a couple of tablespoons of tuna salad.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of the shredded cheese to the top of each bruschetta and bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tuna is warmed through.
- Garnish with more dill and serve immediately.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tuna melt, tuna recipes, seafood recipes, budget friendly recipes, easy recipes, new years eve appetizers, holiday recipes, holiday appetizers