Crispy Fingerling Potatoes are SO addicting you won’t be able to stop eating them! Make these homemade potato chips in your oven or air fryer!
Who wouldn’t love these crispy, homemade potato chips? We are in love with all kinds of potatoes, like our Perfect (No Lump) Mashed Potatoes and these fancy Duchess Potatoes, perfect for the holidays!
A Healthy Appetizer Or Side Dish Recipe!These Crispy Fingerling Potatoes can be made in the oven or your air fryer, so there’s no actual frying involved. But I’m telling you, these fingerling potatoes are so perfectly crispy and delicious you’re not going to miss a thing.
Serve these Crispy Fingerling Potatoes in these cute paper baking cups for appetizers or jut pile them up in a serving bowl for an alternative to serving french fries with dinner.
How Do You Make These Crispy Fingerling Potatoes?
As we said before, you can make these in an air fryer or the oven, totally up to you. The air fryer does get them a little crispier but a high temperature oven does the job too.
The trick to making these fingerling potatoes is slicing them all about the same width. Use a mandoline slicer to make this job easy, but you can also just use a sharp knife. Carefully…use a sharp knife…fingerling potatoes are smaller so you want to do this at a slow and steady pace!
Can I Make This Recipe With Different Potatoes?
Absolutely. Use any kind of potato you like, really. Just slice them thin and cook them following our recipe here. We kept the seasoning simple with salt, pepper and fresh rosemary, but there are plenty of ways to spice them up!
If you’re serving these roasted potatoes for appetizers, you can even serve them with a delicious dipping sauce like our Awesome Sauce or a quick remoulade sauce. Ketchup works too, we don’t judge.
What Other Herbs Can I Use To Flavor These Potatoes?
Fresh rosemary gives these potatoes such a delicious flavor, especially if you’re serving this recipes for appetizers. But if rosemary isn’t your thing there are other herbs and seasonings that you can use!
- Or leave the herbs off and use dried seasonings like:
- Garlic powder, cayenne pepper (for some spice!) paprika and oregano
Can You Make These Roasted Potatoes Ahead Of Time?
So this is one of those recipes that is best when it comes right out of the oven. What you can do though is slice all the potatoes up ahead of time and keep them in a bowl of cold water until you’re ready to get them into the oven.
Placing the sliced potatoes in cold water helps to remove some of the starch, resulting in super crispy potatoes. Since you’re doing this step anyway, the potatoes can really hang out there until you’re ready.
- Looking For More Appetizer Recipes?
- BBQ Party Meatballs
- BEST Little Smokies
- Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Everything Pigs In A Blanket
- Homemade Guacamole (Also great for dipping!)
Crispy Fingerling Potatoes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
These super crispy, homemade potato chips are SO addicting! Serve these potatoes for appetizers or as a side dish for dinner!
- 24 ounce bag of fingerling potatoes
- Olive oil, avocado oil or canola oil (we like the oil that’s in a spray can for this recipe)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt or sea salt
- Fresh Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and slice the potatoes into 1/8 inch thickness using a mandoline slicer or a sharp knife. Place the sliced potatoes in a large bowl of cold water, swish around and let soak for 15 minutes.
- Place the sliced potatoes on paper towels and dry very well. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and then place the potatoes on in a single layer without overlapping. Spray or brush the potatoes with a thin layer of oil and then season with the rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Roast the potatoes for 15 minutes, checking after 10 minutes to make sure the potatoes aren’t burning. The cook time will depend on how thin or thick you sliced the potatoes.
- Serve the potatoes with ketchup, mustard or a dipping sauce like Remoulade or Awesome Sauce.
Alternately, you can use an air fryer set at 425 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: potato recipes, potatoes, fingerling potatoes, appetizer recipes, air fryer recipes, side dish recipes, holiday appetizers