This delicious, budget friendly appetizer is one of our favorites to serve on holidays or game days! Serve these mini tuna melts right along with your cheese board, or all on their own!
- 2 (5 ounce) cans white albacore tuna, drained well
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 1–2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 baguette, cut into 1 inch slices and lightly toasted
- Make the tuna salad by adding the tuna, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper, dill and onion to a bowl. Mix together to combine, cover and chill for an hour if possible. If time is tight, go ahead and assemble the bruschetta and bake.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Assemble the bruschetta. Place the toasted bread slices onto a baking sheet and top with a couple of tablespoons of tuna salad.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of the shredded cheese to the top of each bruschetta and bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tuna is warmed through.
- Garnish with more dill and serve immediately.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tuna melt, tuna recipes, seafood recipes, budget friendly recipes, easy recipes, new years eve appetizers, holiday recipes, holiday appetizers