Delicious, creamy whipped feta with parmesan cheese tops this bruschetta!
- 1 french baguette (A thinner loaf, not the thicker Italian bread)
- 2 pounds grape tomatoes, diced into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice the baguettes into 1/2″ thick slices and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and place in the oven for 5 minutes. Turn and bake another 3-4 minutes until brown on the other side. Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Chop the tomatoes into bite sized pieces, then add the vinegars, garlic, shallots, salt and pepper to taste and basil leaves. Place in the refrigerator for a half an hour to chill.
- Add the feta, parmesan cheese and cream cheese in a food processor. Pulse a few times, then add the lemon juice and olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the toasted baguette and top with the whipped feta. Then top with a mound of the tomatoes. Repeat with all the toasts and serve on a platter.
- Serving Size: 8
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bruschetta recipe, feta cheese, appetizer recipes, easy appetizers, tomatoes