This Apple Cider Cocktail is the BEST fall cocktail! A refreshing sparkling cider cocktail that’s a hit for happy hour and parties!
Don’t you just love apple cider cocktails? Apple cider is so delicious on its own, but add a splash or two of the good stuff and it becomes an entirely different drink! Check out our collection of Cold Cider Cocktails for your next fall gathering!
This Apple Cider Cocktail is SO Good – You’ll Be Drinking It ALL THE TIME!
We do like our cocktails around here, have to admit. But these Apple Cider Cocktails really hit right at the top of the list, especially around the cooler months of fall.
The fun thing about this apple cider cocktail is that you can totally make it a mocktail, a virgin drink, for anyone that doesn’t drink alcohol or for the kids. Just leave out the bourbon and the apple liquor and you can serve this fun cider cocktail to anyone!
Also if you are making these cider cocktails for a holiday like Thanksgiving or maybe even your Halloween party, you can make this recipe ahead of time in a pitcher. When happy hour hits, just top off each glass with the sparkling cider and let the party begin!
Ingredients For This Apple Cider Cocktail
Ok you guys, I’ll start by saying that this cocktail is perfect AS IS. We absolutely love it. BUT – there are a lot of variations that you can make with this drink recipe. Swap outs and add ins are plentiful, but we’ll start with the basic recipe and give you some more ideas below!
Apple Cider: In the fall, you can find apple cider pretty much anywhere, but we’re finding that it’s pretty available in most grocery stores these days all year long. If you can’t find apple cider you can use an unfiltered apple juice.
Sparkling Cider: You know the one…you see it at the end of the check out lines as soon as the end of August hits. Sparkling cider is non-alcoholic which makes it a great ingredient for a mocktail if you choose to leave the booze out!
Bourbon: You don’t have to use your most expensive bourbon here, but don’t go bottom shelf either. Use a bourbon that you still like the taste of straight up, that will make for the best tasting cocktail, whatever type of drink that you’re making.
Apple Liquor: We use apple liquor for a lot of drink recipes, ever in our famous apple crisp! Grab a bottle at the liquor store and it’ll last you a pretty long time.
What Can I Substitute In This Cider Cocktail Recipe?
Now let’s talk about some swap outs and ingredients that you can add in. This Apple Cider Cocktail can be made in so many different ways, this drink recipe will be on your constant happy hour menu!
- Champagne or Prosecco: Instead of using non-alcoholic sparkling cider, of course you can swap out champagne or prosecco to make this cider cocktail even more festive!
- Whiskey, Brandy or, YEP. Fireball: Ok, so the bourbon in this drink is our go to, but if you’re a whiskey drinker absolutely add that right in. Brandy or apple brandy would also work perfectly and yes…that good old Fireball Whisky would be pretty tasty in this cider drink.
Obviously stick with the sparkling cider and leave out the bourbon and apple liquor, but here are some other fun ideas!
- Flavored Seltzer or Soda: There is apple flavored seltzer if you can believe it, and it’s super tasty. Other tasty ideas for the bubbles are ginger ale or 7UP, kids do like their drinks sweet!
- Sugared Rim: Add a sugar rim to the glasses by using corn syrup and rimming sugar.
- Different Fruit Garnishes: You can use different colored apples, grapes, berries or whatever your kids like!
How To Serve These Sparkling Cider Drinks
We like a thin slice of apple and a giant cherry right down in the glass for flavor and decoration. All you need to do to make these cocktails is add the bourbon, apple liquor and cider to the bottom of a champagne flute or highball glass and then top with the sparkling cider.
If serving these drinks for a holiday or party, mix the cider, bourbon and apple liquor in a pitcher and keep it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. Pour into glasses and then top off with the sparkling cider right before serving.
Looking For More Fall Drink Recipes?
- Vampire’s Kiss Martini
- Apple Cider Mimosas
- Sparkling Fireball Apple Sangria
- RumChata Pumpkin Cheesecake Martini
- Pumpkin Pie Shots
- Pumpkin Spice Wine Spritzer
- Pumpkin Moscow Mule!
This refreshing and easy to make cider cocktail is going to be on all your holiday cocktail menus! We serve these drinks for our Thanksgiving and Halloween parties, or just for a fun happy hour by the fire!
- 1 ounce bourbon
- 3/4 ounce apple liquor
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- Sparkling Cider for topping
- Apple Slices and maraschino cherries for garnish
- Add the bourbon, apple liquor and apple cider to an 8 ounce champagne flute.
- Top with sparkling cider, champagne or prosecco.
- Garnish with apple slice and cherry and serve.
If you’re serving these drinks for a holiday or party, mix the cider, bourbon and apple liquor in a pitcher and keep it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. Pour into glasses and then top off with the sparkling cider right before serving.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Pour
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple cider cocktails, cider cocktails, bourbon cocktails, champagne cocktails, fall cocktails, fall drink recipes, drink recipes