Air Fryer Kielbasa has that perfect crispy snap on the outside with an insanely juicy inside! This kielbasa recipe couldn’t be easier and it’s a guaranteed hit for dinner. Serve them on rolls, pair with your favorite side dish or cut them up for appetizers. An easy and quick meal that everyone will love!
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Kielbasa Recipe
If you love the snap of a perfectly cooked piece of sausage then this Air Fryer Kielbasa recipe is for you. Not only does making kielbasa in an air fryer make for the most delicious snap of sausage you’ve ever tasted, but it only takes minutes to make.
We’re basting this kielbasa with barbecue sauce just for a little extra flavor, but even still, this recipe just has two ingredients. Kielbasa and barbecue sauce. That’s all. And I can promise you that it’s going to be a huge hit for dinner (or for appetizers!).
How To Make Air Fryer Kielbasa
Whether you’re making this recipe for dinner, paired with a delicious side dish, or cutting it up for appetizers, you’re less than 10 minutes away from the finish line.
Score the sausage with a knife 4-5 times so that the edges caramelize with the sauce and become even more flavorful.
- Score the kielbasa: Take a knife and make shallow cuts in the kielbasa, about 4-5 cuts per piece. To make the kielbasa fit in our air fryer, we also cut the links in half.
- Cook the kielbasa: Place the scored sausages in your air fryer at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Baste the kielbasa: Baste the kielbasa with barbecue sauce and then cook for another 3-4 minutes.
What Is Kielbasa?
Kielbasa is a polish sausage that is usually made from pork or a combination of pork and beef. In the Polish language, kielbasa actually refers to all types of sausage, with some varieties.
Some are smoked, some are fresh, typically in America we buy the smoked version which is already cooked. Then we take that smoked sausage and warm and crisp it in the air fryer like this recipe, or sometimes in a slow cooker.
Kielbasa usually has a mild garlic flavor, along with hints of clove and other herbs and spices. It is very mild in flavor, but also has a distinct taste that we’ve all grown to love as a staple in our cooking.
What Sides Go Well With Kielbasa?
Since this Polish sausage is so easy to make, we can add one or two side dishes to make the meal complete! Pair this dinner with an easy side for a super quick meal or maybe make a slightly more involved side dish since you have the extra time.
- Crispy Baked Steak Fries
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Spicy Mushroom Rice
- Stove Top Macaroni & Cheese
- Loaded Baked Beans
- Microwave Steamed Broccoli
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon
What If I Don’t Have An Air Fryer?
No problem! You can still make this recipe with ease. One way to do it is in a skillet on the stove top, just score the sausages and cook with a light drizzle of oil. Cook the kielbasa for 7-8 minutes, turning as it cooks. Baste with barbecue sauce in the last minute of cooking.
Another way to make this recipe is in the oven. Place the kielbasa on a sheet on or baking dish and cook in a 400 degree oven for 7-8 minutes. Baste with barbecue sauce and cook 2-3 more minutes until the sauce caramelizes and the sausage is crispy.
You can even make this recipe in the microwave, although you won’t get these super crispy edges. But in a pinch it will still get dinner on the table quickly!
We really love making easy dinners like these in our air fryer. Even though it seems like this is too easy for a recipe, there are some great ideas here for you. Switch up the barbecue sauce with a flavored variety, or add a squeeze of sriracha to give it some spice!
Looking For More Air Fryer Recipes?
- Air Fryer Pizza
- Air Fryer Scallops
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Eggplant
Air Fryer Kielbasa turns out crispy on the outside and super juicy on the inside! Just two ingredients and a few minutes in the air fryer and you’ll have an easy dinner that everyone will love.
- 1 package kielbasa, regular or turkey kielbasa (2 large links, 13 ounce package)
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees if needed.
- Cut the kielbasa in half so that you have 4 pieces. Score each piece 4-5 times with a knife and then place into the basket of an air fryer in a single layer.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then baste the kielbasa with the barbecue sauce and cook for another 3-4 minutes until crispy and warm in the center.
- Serve with extra barbecue sauce and/or mustard on the side.
Store: After cooling, place the kielbasa in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat: Reheat kielbasa in the microwave or back in the air fryer until warmed through.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, air fryer kielbasa, kielbasa recipes, air fryer recipes, easy recipes, polish sausage recipe