Fireball Apple Fritters will keep the party going on through dessert! Make these fritters at your next party and watch them disappear!
People go crazy over Fireball – in good ways and bad. I prefer to cook with Fireball as opposed to drinking it, but that’s just me. For me it adds a nice cinnamon-whisky flavor to your food without having to spend to much on the bottle.
I’ve done a few desserts with Fireball that have been pretty popular so far…these Fireball Whiskey Cheesecake Shots and these Fireball Whisky Apple Pies. Usually when we have apples we throw together an easy apple crisp for dessert, but today it’s going to be all about frying up some fritters.
I kept the skin on for these fritters, you know for the added nutrients add all…but if you prefer to peel them it’s totally fine too.
Start by slicing your apples into about 1/4″ thick slices (we used a mandoline but a sharp knife will work too) and then cut out the core with a knife or a cutter like this…
Dip the apple slices into your Fireball Spiked beer batter…yep, we’ve got a really boozy batter here, beer AND Fireball…
Then once your oil is ready you can start dipping. We used a smaller pot so that we didn’t have to heat up a lot of oil so we fried about 3 at a time. But if you want to get a big pot heated up you can do more per batch as long as the apple slices are in the oil and not touching.
Look at that fritter frying up nice and crispy…
When they’re done, drain them on a paper towel a few minutes and then while they’re still hot toss them around in cinnamon sugar. These Fireball Apple Fritters are seriously amazing – eat them all by themselves or place a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. You’re call. Just make sure you have enough to go around!
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (can sub regular flour)
- 1 cup light beer
- 3 ounces Fireball Whisky
- 4 large apples sliced into 1/4″ thick rounds
- 1/2 cup sugar mixed with 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- canola oil for frying
- Start heating up a large pot filled only halfway with oil over medium heat to 350 degrees.
- Make the batter by adding the flour, beer and Fireball to a bowl and whisking together well. Let the batter sit while you slice the apples.
- Slice the apples to 1/4″ thick rounds and then cut the cores out with a knife.
- Once the oil comes to temperature, dip the apple slices into the batter so they are fully coated, letting the excess drip off and then carefully into the oil. Fry as many in your pot as you can with out the fritters touching.
- Cook the fritters for 2-3 minutes, flipping over once during the cooking time.
- Drain onto paper towels and then dip into the cinnamon and sugar mixture.