Tex-Mex Tortilla Sausage Rolls are going to be gone in seconds at your next party! Or serve these sausage rolls for a fun dinner at home!
A Sausage Roll Recipe With Tex-Mex Flavors
Whenever we need to make a quick but knock-out appetizer we start with sausage. It’s affordable, perfectly seasoned and tastes great with everything we make with it…and we just love sausage.
This Sausage Roll recipe has become a party favorite! They are so easy to make, and you can make them up ahead of time! Top them with guacamole and salsa and even sour cream if you like!
How To Make Tex-Mex Tortilla Sausage Rolls
Start with a package of Italian sausage, it can be loose like this or if you grab links just remove the sausage from the casings.
Mix the sausage together with the cheese and spices in a bowl until it’s well mixed and then form it into a log like this on one end of your tortilla.
Roll it up and get it on a baking sheet, seems side down then brush the top with egg wash.
After these sausage rolls come out of the oven you’re going to want to let them cool just a few minutes…then trim the ends and slice them into two inch pieces.
Garnish the top with guacamole and salsa, or our homemade pico de gallo, and get them on a platter. Be ready with more of these Tex-Mex Tortilla Sausage Rolls in the oven for round two. Round one isn’t going to last very long, I can promise you!
Looking For More Recipes Made With Italian Sausage?
- Creamy Sausage & Potato Soup
- Gemelli with Sausage & Asparagus
- Sausage & Pepper Stuffed Bread
- Copycat Totino’s Pizza Rolls
- Baked Ricotta with Sausage & Tomatoes
These delicious sausage rolls are kicked up with Tex-Mex flavors! Serve these for appetizers at your next party!
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 10″ whole wheat tortillas
- 1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon of water
- Store bought guacamole and salsa for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the sausage, chili powder, cumin and cheese in a bowl and mix until well incorporated.
- Lay out a tortilla on a board.
- Divide the filling into 4 equal parts.
- Take one fourth of the filling and roll it out into a 7-8″ roll.
- Place the roll on one end of the tortilla (as shown in the picture) and roll up tightly.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, then brush with the egg wash.
- Repeat with remaining filling and tortillas, you’ll have 4 tortilla rolls altogether.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Trim the ends of the tortilla rolls that have no filling in them and then slice into 2″ pieces.
- Top with guacamole and salsa.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: sausage roll recipe, appetizer recipes, recipes with italian sausage
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.