These delicious sausage rolls are kicked up with Tex-Mex flavors! Serve these for appetizers at your next party!
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 10″ whole wheat tortillas
- 1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon of water
- Store bought guacamole and salsa for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the sausage, chili powder, cumin and cheese in a bowl and mix until well incorporated.
- Lay out a tortilla on a board.
- Divide the filling into 4 equal parts.
- Take one fourth of the filling and roll it out into a 7-8″ roll.
- Place the roll on one end of the tortilla (as shown in the picture) and roll up tightly.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, then brush with the egg wash.
- Repeat with remaining filling and tortillas, you’ll have 4 tortilla rolls altogether.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Trim the ends of the tortilla rolls that have no filling in them and then slice into 2″ pieces.
- Top with guacamole and salsa.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: sausage roll recipe, appetizer recipes, recipes with italian sausage