These Tex-Mex Sausage Cornbread Muffins are perfect for snacking, appetizers or even a fun dinner! Cornbread packed with sausage and Tex-Mex flavor is right up my alley!
Why You’ll Love These Sausage Cornbread Muffins
We’re in sports mode at my house. My favorite college team is playing in the Big Tournament this weekend and I’m looking for all the appetizers for the game that I can find.
It seems to work out that way when we’re watching sports, dinner is never really “dinner” it’s an assortment of appetizers and snack food. Food that we can sit in front of the television and pop into our mouths.
Tex-Mex food is always a huge hit with my family and friends. Any type of queso or nachos, quesadillas or tacos…So while I was shopping at Walmart I figured I’d head over to the food section and get some ideas. I saw the display of RO*TEL and knew that it would be the perfect ingredient to create something Tex Mex for the family.
These Tex-Mex Sausage Corn Muffins literally take 10 minutes to put together and can be served warm or at room temperature, so no worrying about someone being in the kitchen heating something up and missing part of the game.
How To Make Sausage Cornbread Muffins
- Start off by browning sausage in a large skillet and then draining it off on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Then add the sausage to a large bowl along with 3 cups of store-bought corn muffin mix, buttermilk, cheddar cheese and a can of RO*TEL.
- Mix it all together and scoop into muffin tins and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
These Tex Mex Sausage Cornbread Muffins not only feed a crowd, but will keep them coming back for more. The tomatoes and green chilies from the RO*TEL make them taste like you’re popping a Mexican dinner into your mouth all in one bite.
You’re definitely going to want to stock up on some RO*TEL for this recipe!
Looking For More Game Day Recipes?
- Air Fryer Kielbasa
- Crispy Buffalo Baked Chicken Wings or our popular Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Ultimate Chicken Quesadillas or these addicting Baked Tacos
- Crock Pot Sausage & Peppers
- Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
These Tex-Mex Sausage Cornbread Muffins are packed with flavor! Delicious for brunch, a side dish to dinner or even for appetizers!
- 1 can RO*TEL Original diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 lb. hot or mild Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cup dry corn muffin mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Start by browning the sausage in a large skillet. Once it’s browned and crumbled, drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add the sausage to a large bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and fill each muffin tin to the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes until cooked through in the center.
This recipe would work great with any flavor of Ro*Tel. Mix it up and see which one you like best! Make sure to keep these muffins in the refrigerator if there happens to be any left!
- Category: Breakfast / Brunch
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American / Tex-Mex
Keywords: mantitlement, cornbread muffins, sausage cornbread muffins, easy recipes
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser,
but all opinions here are mine alone. #JustAddRotel #CollectiveBias