Taco Pepper Poppers are mini sweet peppers filled with a cheesy, crunchy taco flavored filling! A bite sized appetizer, or a fun dinner for Taco Tuesday!
A Low Carb Appetizer Everyone Will Love!
I love appetizers. Really I love them more than dinner.
I always fill up on appetizers at a party and then only have a small plate of dinner. Even though whatever the dinner is I like just as much. Apps always seem more fun.
Tex-Mex food has become one of my favorite food categories, as you can tell from these Spicy Mexican Pizzas and this Cowboy Caviar Grilled Chicken. Like I said before, it’s full of flavor but it’s fun food.
And these Taco Pepper Poppers I made up for Food Fanatic are definitely fun.
They’re sort of like a jalapeño popper, but with a sweet pepper instead of the spicy jalapeño. And I added a few extra twists to my filling just to make things more interesting.
How To Make Taco Pepper Poppers
When you cut these peppers for stuffing, only cut off the top third of the pepper so that you have more of a base.
Mix the cheese filling together and start stuffing.
Once the peppers are filled, add the crushed tortilla chips to the top and bake them in the oven for 10 minutes.
The cheese will be oozing – the tortilla chip topping will be crispy. It’s perfect.
You can make these and stuff them ahead of time and then when you’re ready to eat just get the tortilla on top and bake. Serve them up with your favorite Tex-Mex dinner or appetizers like chicken quesadillas and you’ve got yourself a party!
Easy appetizer or a fun dinner…these Taco Pepper Poppers work for both!
Make sure you head over to Food Fanatic for this recipe and many other amazing appetizers!
Looking For More Low Carb Appetizers?
- Italian Deli Roll Ups
- Chicken & Broccoli Meatballs
- Marinated Fiesta Steak Tips
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Eggs
- Baked Marsala Chicken Wings
These tasty low carb appetizers are perfect for holidays and parties! Easy to make and only 10 minutes to bake!
- 2 cups whipped cream cheese (or 8 ounces softened cream cheese)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeños
- 1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 12 mini sweet peppers
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the top third off of the peppers, leaving the steam. Reserve the cut peppers for another use.
- Mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, taco seasoning and jalapeños together in a bowl. Divide the filling between the peppers and bake for 10 minutes.
- Top with crushed tortilla chips and serve.
If you leave the tortilla chip topping of the carb count goes down to 2 carbs per pepper! other low carb topping ideas are fried onions and even pork rinds!
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: appetizer recipes, low carb appetizers, stuffed peppers, easy appetizers