This crustless Chicken Parm Pizza is the low carb pizza recipe you have been looking for! A fun twist on chicken parmesan in pizza form!
Chicken For Dinner – Again?
I know, you hear it all the time.
Because we’re all looking for chicken recipes ALL the time for dinner. Chicken is affordable, easy to make and most everyone seems to like chicken.
I, myself remember groaning a little when I heard we were having chicken for dinner – again.
But I can tell you, it wasn’t this Chicken Parmesan Pizza my mom was making…because there would have been zero complaints about this chicken recipe!
And I guess if you’re looking for low-carb recipes this chicken recipe is a great option, especially if you’re craving pizza!
How To Make This Chicken Parmesan Pizza
There are a few steps to making this chicken recipe, I won’t call it an easy chicken recipe…but it’s definitely worth the effort to make it!
Start by mixing the ground chicken with some seasonings and pressing it into cake pans lined with plastic wrap. Then you freeze the pans for 4 hours.
You can absolutely do this ahead of time, even the night before.
When the chicken rounds are frozen, set up a breading station with three deep plates. One with breadcrumbs, one with beaten eggs and one with flour.
Bread the chicken patties and get them in a large skillet with oil to fry.
You’ll want the chicken patty to look brown and crispy, just like these do. Then carefully flip the chicken patty to the other side until to cook.
Repeat with the other chicken patty and set on paper towels to drain the grease a little from the chicken.
Now it’s time to top your chicken pizza! Of course you’re going to want to get mozzarella cheese on there and then any other toppings you like!
Pizza Topping Ideas
- Peppers and onions
- Sliced meatballs
- Black olives
Once your pizza is loaded with toppings, place it on a sheet pan and bake in the oven just until the cheese is melted. Slice into pizza wedge shapes and serve.
This is the chicken recipe to end all chicken recipes, there won’t be any whining about having chicken for dinner tonight!
Looking For More Fun Chicken Recipes?
Shop This Recipe!
This fun chicken recipe will turn any night into a party! This chicken dinner is also a low carb dinner idea instead of ordering pizza!
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup Italian Style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Line 2 8 inch cake pans with plastic wrap.
- In a medium bowl mix the chicken with the italian seasoning, salt and the garlic and onion powders.
- Divide the chicken in half and press into an even layer in the bottom of each cake pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat the eggs in a dish large enough to fit the chicken patties into.
- Place the flour in another large shallow dish.
- Mix the panko and Italian style bread crumbs together with the parmesan cheese in another large dish.
- Coat the frozen chicken patties on both sides in the flour, then the egg and then the breadcrumb mixture.
- Repeat with the other chicken patty.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook 1 chicken patty for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown and transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Repeat with the other chicken patty.
- Place about half of the pizza sauce on each chicken patty leaving a 1″ border around the edge.
- Add half the mozzarella cheese to each of the chicken pizzas, and whatever other toppings you want to add.
- Place each pizza on a baking sheet on top of a wire cooking rack.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh basil and more parmesan cheese if desired.
- Slice into pizza shape wedges and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Food Network
Keywords: low carb dinner, low carb recipe, chicken recipe, chicken dinner, fried chicken recipe, pizza recipe, fun dinner ideas