This fun chicken recipe will turn any night into a party! This chicken dinner is also a fun low carb pizza recipe!
1 pound ground chicken
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup flour
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
1 cup pizza sauce
Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Line 2 – 8″ cake pans with plastic wrap.
- In a medium bowl mix the chicken with the Italian seasoning, salt and the garlic and onion powders.
- Divide the chicken in half and press into an even layer in the bottom of each cake pan. Wrap the edges of the plastic wrap over the top of the chicken and freeze for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat the eggs in a shallow dish large enough to fit the chicken patties, then add the flour to another large shallow dish. Then mix the panko bread crumbs together with the parmesan cheese in a third large dish.
- Remove the frozen chicken patties from the plastic wrap and then coat them on both sides in the flour, then the egg and then the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with the other chicken patty and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook 1 chicken patty for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and then transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with the other chicken patty.
- Place half of the pizza sauce on each chicken patty leaving a 1″ border around the edge.
- Add half the mozzarella cheese to each of the chicken pizzas, and whatever other toppings you’re using.
- Place each pizza on a baking sheet on top of a wire cooking rack.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh basil and more parmesan cheese if desired, then slice into pizza shape wedges and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Food Network
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: low carb dinner, low carb recipe, chicken recipe, chicken dinner, fried chicken recipe, pizza recipe, fun dinner ideas