This kicked up Buffalo Chicken Dip is an easy appetizer recipe that’s perfect for any party! A spicy, creamy and totally addicting dip recipe!
If you love dip recipes try our famous Lobster Delight Dip! Some other dip recipes we love are this Spinach and Artichoke Dip, this blender Creamy Jalapeño Dip and a super hearty Loaded Beef Burrito Dip!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe Secret Ingredient
Chips and dip are usually on the list for the football game, not just one but as many as we can make.
Buffalo Chicken Dip is always a a favorite appetizer recipe with everyone. I mean who doesn’t like creamy, slightly spicy chicken and tortilla chips?
Not anyone at my party.
I like to spice this dip recipe up by using a secret ingredient, a jalapeño flavored cream cheese. But if you like to keep the spiciness down a little you can use regular cream cheese.
Can You Make Buffalo Chicken Dip Ahead Of Time?
This is a perfect appetizer recipe to make ahead of time, just get the recipe put together completely then bake it off when it’s time to party.
I have to say though, this buffalo chicken dip recipe is so easy to make you hardly need to make it ahead of time, but one less thing to do for a party is always good!
How Do You Make Buffalo Chicken Dip?
So simple, you’re going to love this one.
Add the softened cream cheese, sour cream and hot sauce into a bowl and mix together. Next stir in shredded chicken (this is a great leftover chicken recipe!)
Mix it all together with a half of a cup of Frank’s Red Hot sauce. I know what you’re thinking – that’s a lot of hot sauce – it is but I’m telling you, it works.
Put your mixture in an oven proof dish and cover with shredded cheddar cheese. You might want to place it on top of a sheet pan in case some cheese melts over the side like mine did.
Bake it, grab a bag of tortilla chips and then start dipping!
Looking For More Easy Appetizer Recipes?
This super easy Buffalo Chicken Dip is one of our favorite appetizer recipes!
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 4 oz. Philadelphia Jalapeño Cream Cheese, softened (can substitute regular cream cheese)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (this brand is a milder hot sauce, if you have another kind start with 1/4 cup)
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, and hot sauce to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Stir in the shredded chicken and then pour into an oven safe baking dish.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake at 425º for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Serve with tortilla chips and/or cut vegetables for dipping.
Keywords: buffalo chicken dip, dip recipe, easy appetizer recipe, chicken recipe, party food