Lobster Delight Dip is a creamy, bubbling hot “mock” lobster appetizer that can be made on a budget! No deep pockets needed for this appetizer recipe!
An Inexpensive Appetizer Recipe For A Crowd!
Christmas is my favorite holiday, but with two kids (and a wife) it definitely leaves my wallet feeling a little lighter when it’s over.
And then there’s New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day to get through. I don’t mean “get through” because I do love a good party on New Year’s Eve, but it’s a lot of cash going out the window this time of year.
So I put my brain to work and tried to come up with some inexpensive but still show stopping appetizers…because we don’t want to be just throwing down chips and salsa around the holidays.
In comes this Lobster Delight Dip. Bubbling, creamy cheese and big chunks of – nope – not lobster. Lobster Delight. But you really don’t have to tell anyone it’s not actually lobster…
What Is Lobster Delight?
Lobster Delight is an imitation lobster meat product that contains mostly Alaskan Pollock and some lobster meat. So yes, there is lobster in lobster delight, just not a lot of it.
This product makes having a lobster flavor and texture much more affordable which, for me, allows me to have it more often! An 8 ounce bag is only going to run you about 3 dollars, so stock up and make this Lobster Delight Dip more often!
Less than 10 dollars is all you need to make an awesome, hot lobster appetizer recipe that your guests are going to flip for. You can get creative with the dippers, we like keeping it simple with Ritz crackers.
How Do You Make A Lobster Dip?
Just grab a few of these simple ingredients and stir them together in a bowl.
Pour the dip into an 8″ x 8″ baking dish, top with shredded cheese and bake. I actually made my lobster appetizers in 2 crocks instead of one larger one.
One larger baking dish will cook in just about the same amount of time. Bake this lobster dip for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the dip is bubbling.
What Can You Use For Dipping In This Hot Dip Recipe?
Like I said before, we love Ritz crackers for this lobster appetizer. Buttery Ritz crackers go so well with this dip recipe, you have to put them out as an option! Some other ideas for dipping are:
- Tortilla Chips
- Saltine Crackers
- Pretzel Chips
- Vegetable Sticks (carrot and celery)
- Toasted Bread Slices
- Thick Sliced Potato Chips
Can You Freeze This Dip?
You can! We all need appetizer recipes for parties or the holidays that can be done ahead of time and this is one of them! Make this recipe up until baking, then wrap with heavy duty foil and freeze.
When you’re ready to bake, remove the lobster dip from the freezer and let defrost in your refrigerator. Bake following the recipe here but add about 15 minutes to the baking time.
If the dip is getting too brown on top just cover with foil until the center of the dip is hot.
Looking For More Appetizer Recipes?
- Pepperoni Pizza Arancini
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Bacon Shrimp Toast
- Hot Crab and Corn Dip
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
This Lobster Delight Dip is a creamy, bubbling hot “mock” lobster appetizer that can be made on a budget! No deep pockets needed for this appetizer! The perfect, easy finger food recipe for parties.
- 1 (8 oz.) package Louis Kemp Lobster Delight
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated (divided)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (divided)
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- crackers or tortilla chips for dipping
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the Lobster Delight into smaller, bite-sized pieces.
- Add the lobster delight, a 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese, a 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese, pepper, mayonnaise, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, dry mustard, salt and pepper into a bowl and mix together.
- Pour into a 8″ x 8″ square baking dish or you can use 2 (8 oz.) gratin dishes.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is brown and bubbling.
- Serve hot with crackers, tortilla chips or pita chips.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lobster appetizer, lobster delight, appetizer recipe, dip recipe, hot dip recipe, holiday appetizers, new years eve food, new years appetizers