This No Bake Pumpkin Pie is the perfect holiday dessert! Only a few minutes to put together and with no baking involved, it’s going to save you tons of time when planning a busy holiday meal!
Why You’ll Love This No Bake Pumpkin Pie
We covet those easy, no fail recipes that are stashed away in a recipe box for parties and holidays. This No Bake Pumpkin Pie is sure to earn a spot with them. It’s so easy to make, and tastes just like a dreamy, creamy piece of pumpkin heaven.
- No Bake Recipe: This no bake pie will free up your oven for that big holiday ham or a beautiful whole roasted turkey.
- Make Ahead: A make ahead dessert recipe is always a huge time saver for parties and holidays.
- Festive Fall Flavors: Nothing has more of a fall vibe than a pumpkin dessert, but because we’re using canned pumpkin you can make this pie any time of the year.
- Inexpensive Dessert: Even if you use a store bought pie crust, this pumpkin pie recipe will give you about 8 slices for very little cost, so you can go ahead and make two.
Step By Step Instructions For Making A No Bake Pie Recipe
Even though this no bake pie recipe is an easy one, as most no bake recipes are, we’re going to take you through it step by step to make it foolproof!
- STEP 1 – MAKE THE CRUST: Mix the graham cracker crumbs and sugar together in a bowl. Melt 6 tablespoons of butter and then add it to the bowl, mixing with a fork to combine the ingredients smoothly.
- Press into a deep, 9 inch pie dish, forming to the bottom and the edges using a measuring cup or your hand until the crust forms to the dish.
- STEP 2 – MAKE THE FILLING: Add softened cream cheese, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice into a bowl. Beat together until smooth with a hand blended or you can use a stand mixer.
- Fold a container of whipped topping into the filling and then fold gently with a spatula to combine.
- STEP 3 – ASSEMBLE AND CHILL: Pour the filling into the graham cracker crust, smoothing out on top. If you’re using store bought graham cracker crusts, this pie filling will be enough for two pies.
- Chill the pie for at least 2 hours before serving. Pipe whipped cream on top of the pie if desired, or use more whipped topping for serving.
Can This Recipe Be Made Ahead Of Time?
Yes, this No Bake Pumpkin Pie is the perfect make ahead dessert. Make this dessert up to two days ahead of time, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Pipe the whipped cream on top right before serving, or serve with a dollop of whipped topping.
Can I Use A Store Bought Graham Cracker Crust?
Yes you can. While we do think a homemade graham cracker crust is better, sometimes you just need a short cut to get this no bake dessert ready to go.
However, store bought crusts are a bit smaller and more shallow, so this recipe will make enough filling for two pies. Alternately, you could cut the filling recipe in half and use one crust.
Why We Love No Bake Dessert Recipes
Besides the fact that no bake desserts are usually pretty easy to make, they’re also great in so many other ways!
This no bake pumpkin pie can be made at least 2 days in advance and kept in the refrigerator until you’re ready. Also, since this pie doesn’t require baking, it frees up your oven space which is a bonus during the busy holiday season.
Looking For More No Bake Dessert Recipes?
- Caramel Apple Dip
- Chocolate Fondue Recipe
- Disney’s Grey Stuff
- Peppermint Eggnog Pudding
- Grilled Pineapple
This No Bake Pumpkin Pie is a true time saver! So creamy and delicious, an easy to make dessert recipe for parties and holidays that won’t take up space in your oven!
For The Graham Cracker Crust: (See Note)
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 full sheets crushed)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
For The Pie Filling:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filing)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounce tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Start by mixing the ingredients for the graham cracker crust in a bowl. Use a fork to break up any lumps and blend the butter into the graham cracker crumbs. Press the crumb mixture into a 9 inch diameter, 2 inch deep pie dish using your hands or a measuring cup to make the crust firm.
- Add the cream cheese, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon to a bowl. Use a hand mixer to blend the ingredients together until smooth. Alternately, you can use a stand mixer to make the filling.
- Using a spatula, fold in the whipped topping until blended. Pour the pie filling to the pie dish, smoothing out the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let chill for at least 2 hours before serving. The pie can be made up to 2 days in advance as well.
- Serve the pie with extra whipped cream or cream topping if desired. Alternately, you can pipe whipped cream on top of the pie, but do this step right before serving.
You can also use a store bought graham cracker crust for this recipe. This pie filling will make enough for 2 store bought crusts.
Store: Wrap the pie with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Freeze: Wrap the pie with plastic wrap and then with foil and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost the pie in the refrigerator and use within 2 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, no bake pie recipe, pumpkin cream pie, no bake pumpkin pie, easy dessert recipes, easy recipes, holiday desserts