This Caramel Apple Dip is giving all the fall vibes! A super easy to make dessert dip that tastes just like a caramel apple with every scoop. Slice up a few tart apples and dig deep into this sweet and fun to eat dessert!
An Easy Dessert Dip For Parties
When you need a dessert for a party or holiday, but you don’t have time to make a fancy dessert, this Caramel Apple Dip is the answer.
Only 4 ingredients, plus apple slices for dipping is all you need. From start to finish, this dessert is only going to take you 10 minutes, if that. Making it perfect for parties and holidays when you’re busy making that special holiday meal.
How Do You Make A Caramel Apple Dip?
Making this caramel apple dip couldn’t be easier, we’ll take you through how to do it step by step!
- Start by mixing softened cream cheese together with powdered sugar and vanilla. Make sure to take the cream cheese out of the refrigerator to soften for at least an hour before starting so that it blends easily with the powdered sugar.
- Spread the cream cheese into a small, 3 cup dish in an even layer.
- Pour caramel sauce or caramel topping over the cream cheese.
- Top with chopped walnuts or toffee bits.
What Other Toppings Can I Use Besides Nuts?
If you have a nut allergy, or just don’t like walnuts, there are many other options. We like using these small chopped walnuts because it reminds us of a real caramel apple covered in nuts.
Other options can include toffee bits, chocolate chips, mini M&M’s, shaved coconut, sprinkles or even crushed pretzels.
Get creative with your toppings, especially if you’re making this caramel apple dip for a party or holiday. But our go to topping is walnuts, giving this dip that perfect sweet and salty combination!
Can I Make This Dessert Dip Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can make this dip ahead of time to save yourself from having to get it together at the last minute. Depending on what type of caramel that you use on top, you might have to take the dip out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
Certain types of caramel topping will harden up in the refrigerator, and you want this dip to be soft and dippable, so just let it come to room temperature before serving.
What Else Can I Use For Dipping?
Tart apple slices from a granny smith or a gala apple go wonderfully with this sweet cream cheese dip. Now we’ve got the sweet and salty combo, PLUS the tart apple slices for dipping. That’s why this simple dessert dip is honestly so good, it’s got all the flavor combinations layered into one dessert!
But there are also other dipping options that you can choose from. Lay out a dessert board with this caramel apple dip in the center for parties!
- Graham crackers
- Shortbread cookies or vanilla wafer cookies
- Pear slices
- Dried fruit
Storing Leftover Caramel Apple Dip
Simply cover the dip with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Again, the caramel topping might firm up after being refrigerated, so just let the dip come to room temperature before serving.
Looking For More Easy Dessert Recipes?Print
This Caramel Apple Dip is an easy 10 minute dessert recipe! Made with only a few ingredients and tastes just like a sweet and nutty caramel apple!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounce bottle of caramel sauce or caramel topping
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or toffee bits (see post for more topping ideas)
- Apple slices for dipping (see post for more dipping ideas)
- Place the softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and blend with a hand mixer until smooth. Alternately, you can do this with your stand mixer and the whisk attachment.
- Spread the cream cheese into a 3 cup capacity (.84 quart) dish. Pour the caramel sauce over the top of the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the walnuts evenly over the top and serve with apple slices for dipping.
Caramel sauce in a bottle, like for an ice cream topping will be looser then caramel topping from the tub. Both are delicious, just something to keep in mind.
Store: Store leftover dip in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap for 3 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, apple dip, caramel apple dip, easy dessert recipes, cream cheese recipes, party ideas, holiday dessert