This Caramel Apple Dip is giving all the fall vibes! A super easy to make dessert dip that tastes just like a caramel apple with every scoop. Slice up a few tart apples and dig deep into this sweet and fun to eat dessert!
Why You’ll Love This Caramel Apple Dip Recipe
When you need a dessert for a party or holiday, but you don’t have time to make a fancy dessert, this Caramel Apple Dip is the answer.
Just four ingredients plus apple slices for dipping is all you need. From start to finish, this dessert is only going to take you 10 minutes, if that. Making it perfect for parties and holidays when you’re busy making that special holiday meal.
- Easy To Make: This dip recipe only requires 4 ingredients and with no cooking involved. Just assemble and serve.
- Make Ahead Recipe: This dip is easily made ahead of time and ready to serve when you need it.
- Festive Fall Flavors: While we would love this dessert any time of the year, it’s especially delicious in fall when apples and apple picking season is at it’s peak.
- Fun For Parties: Setting out different “dippers” makes this a super fun dessert for parties. Kids and adults will love it!
How Do You Make A Caramel Apple Dip?
Making this caramel apple dip couldn’t be easier, we’ll take you through how to do it step by step! For complete instructions, scroll down to the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Start by mixing softened cream cheese together with powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Spread the cream cheese into a small, 3 cup dish in an even layer.
- Pour caramel sauce or caramel topping over the cream cheese.
- Top with chopped walnuts or toffee bits. If making this dip ahead of time for a party you can leave the topping off until the last minute so that it stays crunchy.
What Other Toppings Can I Use Besides Nuts?
If you have a nut allergy, or just don’t like walnuts, there are many other options. We like using these small chopped walnuts because it reminds us of a real caramel apple covered in nuts. Chopped peanuts or pecans also work nicely.
Nut-free options can include toffee bits, chocolate chips, mini M&M’s, shaved coconut, sprinkles or even crushed pretzels.
Get creative with your toppings, especially if you’re making this caramel apple dip for a party or holiday. But our go to topping is walnuts, giving this dip that perfect sweet and salty combination!
Can I Make This Dessert Dip Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can make this dip ahead of time to save yourself from having to get it together at the last minute. Depending on what type of caramel that you use on top, you might have to take the dip out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
Certain types of caramel topping will harden up in the refrigerator, and you want this dip to be soft and easy to dip, so just let it come to room temperature before serving.
What Else Can I Use For Dipping?
Tart apple slices from a granny smith or a gala apple go wonderfully with this sweet cream cheese dip. Now we’ve got the sweet and salty combo, PLUS the tart apple slices for dipping. That’s why this simple dessert dip is honestly so good, it’s got all the flavor combinations layered into one dessert!
We also have lots of other dipping options that you can choose from. Lay out a dessert board with this caramel apple dip in the center for parties!
- Graham crackers
- Shortbread cookies or vanilla wafer cookies
- Pretzels/pretzel chips
- Pear slices
- Dried fruit
Storing Leftover Caramel Apple Dip
Simply cover the dip with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Again, the caramel topping might firm up after being refrigerated, so just let the dip come to room temperature before serving.
Looking For More Easy Dessert Recipes?Print
This Caramel Apple Dip is an easy, 10 minute dessert recipe! Easy to make and perfect for parties – it tastes just like a sweet and nutty caramel apple!
- 8 ounces regular cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounce tub of caramel topping (like Marzetti caramel dip, which is thicker than caramel sauce from a bottle)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or toffee bits (see post for more topping ideas)
- Apple slices for dipping (see post for more dipping ideas)
- Place the softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and blend with a hand mixer until smooth. Alternately, you can do this with your stand mixer and the whisk attachment.
- Spread the cream cheese into a 3 cup capacity (.84 quart) dish. Pour the caramel sauce over the top of the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the walnuts evenly over the top and serve with apple slices for dipping.
Caramel sauce in a bottle, like ice cream topping, will be looser then caramel topping from the tub. Both are delicious, just something to keep in mind.
Store: Store leftover dip in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap for 3 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American