This Rum Glazed Banana Bread is the banana bread recipe that steals the show. Moist banana bread with a sweet rum glaze on top!
A Banana Bread Recipe For Parties Or A Homemade Gift!
This Rum Glazed Banana Bread is the perfect party dessert! Not only is it really easy to make, but you can make it ahead of time so you aren’t rushing around at the last minute. This banana bread is so moist and delicious, and has a little kick from banana rum.
We added banana rum to this banana bread recipe not only inside the bread but in the glaze that gets poured on top. We’re not messing around here when it comes to our rum.
This banana bread is also a really nice, homemade gift to give around the holidays or when a friend is feeling down. Nothing like a boozy, delicious dessert to cheer you up!
How To Make Rum Glazed Banana Bread
The banana bread recipe is pretty basic. Mashed bananas, sugar, butter, cinnamon, all the good stuff that goes into banana bread.
Then a shot of the banana cream rum.
Although I’d love too, don’t put more than the one shot in here, the bread will come out a little to underdone. Trust me, I tried it. This was banana bread recipe number two.
After mixing the ingredients for the bread and getting it into the oven, you can make the rum glaze for the top of the bread.
We like to pour this boozy glaze over the bread when it’s still a little bit warm so it gets all melty and tasty…
If you want a thicker glaze you can add more sugar, or pour on a layer, let it set a few minutes and then pour another layer over the top. But this way was perfect for me, boozy banana bread with a boozy glaze…doesn’t get much better than that.
The glaze soaks into the bread as you can see, so it’s got a thin layer on top but then right under the crust there you can see where the glaze soaked in. It’s really the perfect banana bread if you ask me.
Looking For More Dessert Recipes?
- Fireball Whiskey Cheesecake Shots
- Boozy Cinnamon Toast Crunch Jello
- Sugared Prosecco Grapes
- Easy Apple Crisp
- Bourbon Bacon Brittle
This super delicious banana bread recipe has just the right amount of banana flavored rum in the bread and in the glaze on top! Perfect for parties or as a homemade gift!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick of butter at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon Blue Chair Bay Banana Cream Rum
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Blue Chair Bay Banana Cream Rum
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl for 2 minutes. Add in the eggs and mix together well.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas together with the tablespoon of rum and the cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and blend together.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture, blend together then add the other half and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes.
- Remove form the oven and make the glaze.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bow land pour over the cooled banana bread.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana bread recipe, dessert recipe, rum glaze, holiday desserts, desserts for parties, recipes with rum, recipes with bananas