This super delicious banana bread recipe has just the right amount of sweet rum glaze on top! Perfect for parties or as a homemade gift!
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup of butter at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Rum Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup dark or spiced rum
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cream the butter and both sugars together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, mashed bananas and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the batter and mix until combined. Add the other half of the flour mixture and mix until all the flour is combined into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for a few minutes and then remove the pan and place on a baking rack to cool.
- To make the glaze, whisk the powdered sugar and rum together in a small bowl. Pour over the slightly cooled banana bread. Let the glaze set for 15 minutes, slice and serve.
Cover the banana bread with foil if it starts to get to brown on top while baking.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, banana bread recipe, dessert recipes, easy recipes, easy desserts, homemade gifts, holiday recipes, recipes with bananas