These Mini Loaded Hasselback Potatoes are going to be a hit at the dinner table tonight! These little loaded potatoes pack a ton of big flavor!
A Fun Potato Side Dish Recipe
These Mini Loaded Hasselback Potatoes not only taste amazing – they will definitely get everyone’s attention at the dinner table! Since you’re putting a little effort into making this potato side dish, you can grab a bag of your favorite chicken nuggets to make dinner a breeze!
Of course you can serve these potatoes with many, many other dinner recipes that won’t leave you needing a nap like our popular Whiskey Flank Steak recipe or these juicy Turkey Burgers made with homemade turkey burger patties. Those are just a couple, but basically make these loaded potatoes with anything that you’d normally serve a side of potatoes with!
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make These Mini Loaded Hasselback Poatoes?
The ingredient list is small! But you can also get creative and add lots of other topping ideas!
Small Yellow Potatoes: Also known as creamers, and yep, you can also use small red potatoes here!
Cheddar Cheese: Classic cheddar cheese is our go to for these potatoes but you can also use your favorite melting cheese.
Bacon: Make your own bacon and crumble it or use “real” bacon bits.
Garlic: Chop fresh garlic and mix it with olive oil to brush on the potatoes. This adds tons of flavor and also helps to crisp up the skin.
How Do You Make Hasselback Potatoes?
This is one of those things that looks a lot more difficult than it is. All you’re basically doing is slicing the potatoes 3/4 of the way through, not all the way. The deep slices that you make do a couple of things.
For one, the slices allow all the toppings seep into them so that flavor is in every bite. The second thing that the slices do is add texture to the potatoes, the edges of the slices will get crispy and the inside will stay tender.
So after you make slices in the potatoes, brush them with a garlic and olive oil mixture and bake them for about 25 minutes. Check to see if all the potatoes are tender (since some will most likely be different sizes than others) then remove them from the oven.
Now add your toppings, cheese and bacon for our loaded hasselback potatoes, but you can also add many other potato toppings here!
Place the potatoes back in the oven for the cheese to melt and then it’s time to serve.
Just look at those super crispy, garlic infused cheesy potatoes! There’s no one alive that isn’t going to want to dive into these bad boys. Did I also mention that these potatoes are awesome appetizers?
YES! Serve these as appetizers with sour cream for dipping and you’ve got yourself a party.
Looking For More Potato Recipes?Print
These mini, loaded potatoes that go perfectly with just about any dinner!
- 2 pounds small yellow potatoes
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic mixed with 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Chives and sour cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the potatoes (about 4-5 slices per potato) but don’t cut all the way through to the bottom, you want the potato to stay together. A trick for this is to rest the potato in a wooden spoon so that you don’t slice all the way through.
- Brush with olive oil and season with kosher salt.
- Bake the potatoes for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Some will be smaller than others so check the larger potatoes for tenderness.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and brush with the garlic and olive oil mixture.
- Add the cheese and bacon to each potato then bake for another 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and chives (optional)
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: side dish, potatoes, loaded potatoes, hasselback potatoes, bacon recipes
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cooked Perfect® Fire Grilled Chicken for PayPerPost. All opinions are 100% mine.