This Lobster Stuffed Bread recipe is a total game changer…it’s just like a sausage stuffed bread, but stuffed with fresh lobster meat and butter instead.
If you love stuffed bread recipes as much as I do, you’ve got to try this Sausage and Pepper Stuffed Bread too! Or you can always go with Cheesy Garlic Bread for a vegetarian appetizer!
How Much Lobster Do You Need To Make This Stuffed Bread?
I decided to make this week lobster week because my local grocery store had whole lobsters on sale for like 5 bucks a pound. At that price you’ve gotta grab them up. Usually we just boil them and eat them but I guess that wouldn’t be too interesting…
But this Lobster Stuffed Bread is totally Mantitlement worthy. What goes better with garlic and butter than lobster??
You only need about 7 oz. of lobster meat for this recipe so it definitely won’t break the bank. This would also be a great way to serve up “Surf and Turf” too for not that much money, grill up some steaks or burgers and serve this Lobster Stuffed Bread alongside. No one will be complaining about that dinner!
How To Make Lobster Stuffed Bread
The filling is almost like a lobster scampi – butter (a lot of butter) garlic (lots of garlic), parmesan cheese and some black pepper. Cook it up for a few minutes and set aside and let cool.
Then get a think crust pizza tube and roll it out a little on a cutting board.
Take your cooled lobster filling and spread it out all over the rectangle of dough.
Starting at the long end, roll it all up ending with the seam on the bottom.
Then transfer your long lobster filled dough, carefully, to a sprayed baking sheet. It should just about fit end to end, and bake for 15 minutes.
Let it cool a few minutes and slice it up. Awesome as an appetizer or as a side dish to burgers, steak or anything.
You’ll never make plain old garlic bread again. Why would you when you can stuff it with lobster instead?
Looking For More Seafood Appetizers?Print
Lobster Stuffed Bread
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
This Lobster Stuffed Bread recipe is a game changer…it’s essentially garlic bread, but stuffed with lobster!
- 8 oz. steamed lobster, chopped into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 (11 oz.) pizza crust (like Pillsbury brand) in the tube
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet, then add the garlic and cook over low heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped lobster meat, the parmesan cheese and the black pepper. Stir to combine and let cook over low heat for 2-3 minuets and then set aside to cool.
- Unroll the pizza crust and roll out slightly on a floured board.
- Spread the cooled lobster filling all over the dough, leaving a 1 inch border around the edge. Top with the mozzarella cheese in an even layer.
- Roll up the dough starting on the long side and ending with the seam on the bottom.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes until the top is browned, then cover with foil and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and slice.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: stuffed bread recipe, lobster recipe, lobster roll bread, lobster appetizer, lobster roll recipe, seafood recipe, seafood bread, seafood appetizer
Drool! I want this right now!! Lobster is a lot more expensive in the UK, but I might try this with king prawns :-)
Yes, it’s definitely not an everyday app, maybe you could sub shrimp in if that’s any less expensive?