This Loaded Taco Pie will turn any dinner into a fiesta! Filled with ground beef and cheese and topped with your favorite taco toppings!
Taco Pie = Winning Taco Night
Tacos are a big thing in our house – like I’m pretty sure they are in most houses especially if you have kids. They love tacos of all kinds, especially this Loaded Taco Pie recipe.
But all the toppings are what make tacos right? Lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, guacamole, jalapeños, black beans if you’re my oldest son – the more the better. And of course lots and lots of cheese.
So the tacos are easy but it’s getting all the toppings together and on the table that can be kind of a pain in the neck. Am I right? Here’s where this easy Loaded Taco Pie recipe comes into play. One giant beef taco for the table that everyone can dive into.
How To Make Taco Pie
Grab a pie crust from the store and follow the package instructions for a one-crust baked shell. Make sure you make a bunch of holes in the crust with a fork like this before it goes in the oven so it doesn’t puff up…
While the pie crust is baking, make the beef filling by browning ground beef and mixing it together with some seasonings and jarred salsa.
When the pie crust is browned, remove it from the oven and add the beef filling. Cover the top with cheese and get it back in the oven for 15 minutes just to melt the cheese and warm the beef filling through.
Now you can start piling on all your taco toppings. Lettuce, tomatoes, jalapeños, peppers, you name it. Whatever toppings you love on tacos you can throw on top of this beef taco pie. Try using our Homemade Pico de Gallo instead of plain diced tomatoes!
You can even make this a low carb taco pie by simply spraying the pie dish with cooking spray and omitting the pie crust all together. Also feel free to swap out the beef for turkey or chicken too!
And you’re probably going to want a big scoop of sour cream and guacamole on the side, too.
Looking For More Tex-Mex Dinner Ideas?Print
This Loaded Taco Pie will turn taco night into a fiesta! It’s a totally delicious, super easy taco pie recipe can be on the dinner table in just 30 minutes!
- 1 frozen pie crust (follow the instructions on the package)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup store bought salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
For the toppings
- Shredded lettuce
- pickled jalapénos, chopped
- diced tomatoes
- extra cheese
- sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet start browning the beef in the canola oil over medium heat.
- Once the meat is browned, add the taco seasoning, garlic powder, salt, cumin and salsa and stir to combine.
- Add the beef filling into your pre-baked pie crust and top with a layer of the shredded cheese and then place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Top the taco pie with the lettuce first and then add any additional toppings desired.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: taco pie recipe, beef taco recipe, how to make taco pie, taco night ideas, taco tuesday, dinner recipes, dinner ideas, recipes with ground beef