Taco Egg Rolls with Avocado Cream Sauce are going to be the hit at your next party! These crispy homemade egg rolls are the perfect party food appetizer.
An Easy Party Food Appetizer Recipe
Taco Egg Rolls? Why not.
Tacos seem to be everywhere, taco lasagna, taco pizza, taco soup…so let’s make some Taco Egg Rolls with Avocado Cream Sauce!
Yes, these have a few steps to them…
Yes, they are fried…
But they’re worth the effort if you’re up to the challenge.
How to Make These Taco Egg Roll Appetizers
Let’s start by making the avocado cream sauce:
Just add an avocado, lime juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper and a little cream in a bowl then blend with a hand blender until smooth. Done. Throw it in the fridge.
Next get a large skillet and start browning up the ground beef, onions, garlic and a jalapeno. Then add in the seasonings, let that cook for a few minutes then set aside to cool.
Put some shredded jack cheese over the top of the beef mixture like this…
Stir the cheese into the neat filling to blend it all together.
Now for the fun part – get out your egg roll wrappers and place 2 T. of the beef filling onto the long side of the wrapper. Place some shredded lettuce on top and get ready to roll…
roll it up a little, then tuck in each end so the filling doesn’t leak out and then roll the rest up to seal.
You could bake these I guess, but we’ve tried baking egg rolls before and if an egg roll isn’t really crisp and a little bit greasy…then it’s not an egg roll to me.
So I’ll leave it up to you.
These egg rolls only take a couple of minutes to fry up to a nice golden brown. When they’re done, drain them onto a paper towel lined baking sheet to cool.
You could serve these up for an appetizer or a fun dinner with the kids. So, what do you think? Are these Taco Egg Rolls Chinese food or Mexican food? I say who cares…either way they’ll go great with a nice, cold beer served alongside!Print
These Taco Egg Rolls with Avocado Cream Sauce are going to be the hit at your next party! These crispy homemade egg rolls are the perfect party food appetizer.
Avocado Cream Sauce
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/8 t. pepper
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 c. cream
For the egg rolls
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 1 1b. ground lean ground beef
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. jalapeno, diced
- 1 T. fresh garlic, diced
- 1 T. cumin
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. onion powder
- 1 T. chili powder
- 3 T. canned diced green chilies
- 3/4 c. shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 c. shredded lettuce
- Canola or vegetable oil for frying
- Start by making the avocado cream sauce. Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix with a hand blender until smooth. Taste for seasoning, then place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet with the 2 T. of olive oil, breaking up into small pieces as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper then let cook for 10 minutes until all the pink is gone. Drain any liquid that is left in the pan.
- Next add in the onion, garlic and jalapeno to the meat and cook for 8-10 minutes until the onions are softened.
- Add the seasonings and the green chilies to the meat filling, stir to combine then let cool for a few minutes.
- After the meat filling has cooled, add the shredded jack cheese over the top and stir to blend the filling together well.
- Fill a large pot half-way with oil and place over medium-high heat until it reaches 350 degrees. While the oil is heating up, you can wrap your egg rolls.
- Take 1 egg roll wrapper and place it on a cutting board. Put 2 T. of the meat filling in a strip on one side of the wrapper. Add some shredded lettuce to cover the meat.
- Roll over two times, then wet the 2 sides of the wrapper and fold it over towards the center of the egg roll. Continue to roll the egg roll to the end, sealing with water on the edge. Repeat with all the wrappers until you run out of filling.
- When the oil comes to temperature, add in 5-6 egg rolls at a time, frying for about 3 minutes until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining egg rolls.
Keywords: homemade egg rolls, taco egg rolls, easy party food recipe, how to make egg rolls, easy appetizer recipe