These Taco Egg Rolls with Avocado Cream Sauce are going to be the hit at your next party! These crispy homemade egg rolls are the perfect party food appetizer.
Avocado Cream Sauce:
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cream
For the Egg Rolls:
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, diced fine
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or Pepper Jack)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Canola or vegetable oil for frying
- Start by making the avocado cream sauce. Place all the ingredients in a blende and blend until smooth. Taste for seasonings, then cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet and brown the beef, breaking up into small pieces as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper and taco seasoning and then let cook for 8-10 minutes until all the pink is gone. Drain any liquid that is left in the pan.
- Next add the onion, garlic and jalapeño to the meat and cook for 4-5 minutes until the onions are softened. Stir in the cheese and set aside.
- Fill a large pot half-way with oil and place over medium-high heat until it reaches 350 degrees. While the oil is heating up, you can wrap the egg rolls.
- Take an egg roll wrapper and place it on a cutting board. Put about 3 tablespoons of the meat filling in a strip on one side of the wrapper. Add some shredded lettuce to cover the meat, then roll up the egg roll, folding in the edges. Seal with egg wash and repeat with the remaining egg rolls. Check out the pictures in the post for reference.
- When the oil comes to temperature, add in 3-4 egg rolls at a time, depending on the size of your pot. Fry the egg rolls for about 3 minutes until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining egg rolls.
- Serve with the avocado cream sauce for dipping.
You can also use our Homemade Taco Meat for the egg roll filling!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: American