This Spinach Meatball Baked Ziti is going to be the hit of the dinner table! Use store bought meatballs to get this baked ziti ready fast!
The flavor in this ziti recipe reminds me of Italian Wedding Soup – which is one of our favorite soup recipes! We grab store bought meatballs for a lot of dinner recipes like these Meatball Pizza Quesadillas and these Italian Meatball Stuffed Mushrooms!
Store Bought Meatballs FTW.
So of course we make our own meatballs…I mean what kind of food bloggers would we be if we didn’t? BUT when it comes to a recipe like this Spinach Meatball Baked Ziti, unless you have a batch of those homemade meatballs hanging around, grab your favorite brand of frozen meatballs right at the store.
How Do You Make Spinach Meatball Baked Ziti?
Any type of baked ziti recipe is basically a tube shaped pasta, like we went over, sauce and mozzarella cheese. Most recipes will call for ricotta cheese too but some are just the basic pasta, sauce and cheese.
Start by boiling the pasta, drain and add it to a pot with fresh spinach (or frozen if you’re using) and the frozen meatballs.
Pour in your homemade creamy, cheese sauce that you whipped up while the pasta was cooking and toss everything together with mozzarella cheese. Bonus – there’s no need to even thaw out those frozen meatballs. They’re going to cook right in this baked ziti recipe!
Pour the ziti, meatballs and spinach into a casserole dish and top with the rest of your mozzarella cheese and more parmesan cheese.
Now it’s time to get this baked ziti recipe in the oven to BAKE! What comes out is the most AMAZING pasta dish you’ve ever seen.
Creamy, cheesy pasta with meatballs and parmesan cheese. All the flavors I love in Italian Wedding Soup in one, big pasta recipe.
This Italian Wedding Meatball Baked Ziti is a baked ziti recipe that will feed a crowd! Make it for parties, potluck dinners or just a family dinner at home! We like to serve this ziti recipe with a Homemade Caesar Salad and of course, Garlic Bread on the side!
Looking For More Pasta Recipes?Print
This twist on a baked ziti recipe can be on the table in just minutes with a little help from the store!
- 1 lb. ziti, rigatoni or other tube shaped pasta
- 9 oz. bag of fresh baby spinach (or a 10 ounce box chopped spinach, thawed and liquid squeezed out)
- 1 (12 oz.) package frozen turkey meatballs
- 16 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 grated parmesan
For the Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Start a large pot of water to boil, once it comes to a boil, add the pasta and cook according to package direction and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking you can start the sauce. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter then whisk in the cream. Add the rest of the ingredients for the sauce and stir well to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes on low then cover and remove from the heat.
- When the pasta is cooked and drained, return it to the same pot that you cooked it in, along with the fresh spinach, frozen meatballs and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir well to combine.
- Spray a 9″ x 12″ baking dish with cooking spray then pour in the pasta mixture.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and the 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- Category: dinner
- Method: Oven / Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked ziti recipe, baked ziti, italian wedding soup, dinner recipe, pasta recipes, meatball recipes