If you need a quick and totally impressive appetizer, these Italian Meatball Stuffed Mushrooms are your answer! A little store bought help goes a long way!
If you love stuffed mushrooms, you have to try these Crispy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms that taste just like a crab cake! Or try these Chicken Marsala Portobello Mushrooms that can be served as a low carb dinner!
An Easy Stuffed Mushroom Appetizer
We took some help from the store to make these Italian Meatball Stuffed Mushrooms! Grab a bag of your favorite frozen meatball at the grocery store to make this stuffed mushroom appetizer even easier to make!
The store bought meatballs are part of a spinach, pepper and cheese filling for these mushrooms, and let me tell you, they are so delicious your guests will be begging you for the recipe! These stuffed mushrooms are great for appetizers for parties and holidays or just a Saturday night in front of the TV!
How To Make Italian Meatball Stuffed Mushrooms
Let’s grab a skillet to start the filling! Add chopped onion and red pepper to the skillet and cook for about 5 minuets.
Then get a ton – I mean a TON – of fresh spinach, give it a rough chop and add it to the skillet. You’re going to need about 6 packed cups of spinach, and yes it’s going to seem like a lot but it cooks down to nothing.
Add the meatballs to the skillet and stir together with the filling to combine. Remove the pan from the heat and get your mushrooms ready for stuffing!
Here’s the thing about mushrooms. I’m a mushroom washer. I know you’re not “supposed” to because they say it does something horrible to the mushrooms but I really don’t find that it ever does. And it’s a heck of a lot quicker than trying to “brush” the dirt of all those mushrooms with a towel.
Totally up to you.
Snap the stems of and get them on a baking sheet.
Now that the filling has cooled a little, add in grated parmesan cheese and the cream cheese. Stir it all together and start filling your mushrooms…
Drizzle a little olive oil over the mushrooms and get them in the oven. They’ll only need about 15-20 minutes to get the filling warmed through and the mushrooms nice and soft.
Total knock out flavor here – the Farm Rich Italian Style Meatballs are perfectly seasoned already, then combined with the fresh spinach and cheeses – you really can’t go wrong. This is definitely an appetizer that will impress your friends and family…and go ahead…let them think that you spend hours in the kitchen cooking.
Looking For More Easy Appetizers?
- Marinated Fiesta Steak Tips
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Baked Marsala Chicken Wings
- Sausage Stuffed Artichoke Hearts
Italian Meatball Stuffed Mushrooms
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 24 mushrooms (approx) 1x
This stuffed mushroom recipe is such an easy appetizer to make with a little help from the store! These meatball stuffed mushrooms are also a low carb recipe too!
- (1) 24 oz. package white button mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 14 oz. bag Italian style frozen meatballs
- 6 packed cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Bake 1/2 of the package of the meatballs according to the package directions and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the onion and red pepper and cook for five minutes, stirring, until softened.
- Add the chopped spinach to the skillet, along with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the spinach has cooked down.
- Place the meatballs in the skillet and stir to combine with the filling. Remove from the heat to let cool for five minutes. After the filling has cooled you can add the cream cheese and the parmesan cheese to the skillet and stir.
- Put your mushrooms on a baking sheet and start stuffing with about a tablespoon of the filling.
- Drizzle the tops of the mushrooms with olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes until the mushrooms have browned and the filling is bubbling.
- Garnish with the extra 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Category: appetizers
- Method: oven/stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: stuffed mushrooms, stuffed mushroom recipe, crab stuffed mushrooms, easy appetizers, mushroom recipes
Okay, this is going on my next summer party menu! I love how versatile the Farm Rich products are! #client
Thanks Krystal! My boys already want me to make them again…in all their different versions…meatball parm stuffed mushrooms, etc.