This stuffed mushroom recipe is such an easy appetizer to make with a little help from the store! These meatball stuffed mushrooms are also a low carb recipe too!
- (1) 24 oz. package white button mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 14 oz. bag Italian style frozen meatballs
- 6 packed cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Bake 1/2 of the package of the meatballs according to the package directions and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the onion and red pepper and cook for five minutes, stirring, until softened.
- Add the chopped spinach to the skillet, along with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the spinach has cooked down.
- Place the meatballs in the skillet and stir to combine with the filling. Remove from the heat to let cool for five minutes. After the filling has cooled you can add the cream cheese and the parmesan cheese to the skillet and stir.
- Put your mushrooms on a baking sheet and start stuffing with about a tablespoon of the filling.
- Drizzle the tops of the mushrooms with olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes until the mushrooms have browned and the filling is bubbling.
- Garnish with the extra 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Category: appetizers
- Method: oven/stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: stuffed mushrooms, stuffed mushroom recipe, crab stuffed mushrooms, easy appetizers, mushroom recipes