This Honey Chipotle Marinade works for chicken, turkey, steak or pork! A super flavorful, quick marinade recipe for taco night and beyond!
Flavorful marinades like this one really make a difference in a meal. Also check out our Favorite Chicken Marinade that’s on our menu all year long, or Dan’s Famous Whiskey Steak that’s crazy addicting!
Honey Chipotle Marinade Recipe
This honey chipotle marinade is SO full of flavor, you don’t need a ton of time for marinating! Even an hour will make the most flavorful chicken, turkey, pork or steak as the marinade does cling to the meat itself, adding lots of flavor.
Steak will require the most time for marinating, we like to give steak about 6 hours or so. Overnight is even better, but 4-6 hours will give you the flavor that you’re looking for.
Ingredients for This Marinade Recipe
Just a few basic pantry staples is all you need to make this marinade. Chipotles peppers are a pantry staple at out house, if they aren’t in yours they will be after you try this Honey Chipotle Marinade!
- Chipotle in Adobo: Chipotle peppers are smoked jalapeños that are typically canned in an adobo sauce. You can also buy dried chipotle peppers that need to be rehydrated, but for this recipe we’re using the canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic adds tons of flavor to this marinade recipe. We like to start with four large cloves but have been known to use a little more.
- Honey: Sweet honey adds that perfect sweet and spicy balance to this marinade!
- Cumin: Ground cumin has a very strong flavor, so start with a 1/2 teaspoon and then you can add a little more if you like.
- Dried Oregano: Dried herbs like oregano add a lot of flavor to meats and marinades like this Honey Chipotle Marinade.
- Dijon Mustard: Not only does mustard add flavor but it acts as an emulsifier to bring the oil in the marinade together with the rest of the ingredients.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil adds flavor to this marinade recipe but also helps to tenderize the meat.
What Type Of Meat Can You Use This Marinade Recipe With?
This Honey Chipotle Marinade is really so versatile, we use it on pretty much everything! Chicken thighs or breasts, (really any part of a chicken) flank steak, skirt steak or sirloin are all perfect.
Turkey and pork are also delicious with this marinade! Pork tenderloin or pork chops are delicious in this chipotle marinade, or a turkey tenderloin or turkey cutlets. We’ve even used this marinade on seafood like shrimp and salmon too!
How long Do You Need To Marinate The Meat?
Since this Honey Chipotle Marinade is packed with super flavorful ingredients, you really don’t need that long to get great flavor. Even an hour in the marinade will give you deliciously flavored meat, but you can go up to eight hours or overnight.
Dinner Ideas For This Marinated Meat
After you oven bake, grill or cook your protein of choice in a skillet…the options are endless. You can serve the meat as is with a side of Cilantro Lime Rice or Spanish Style Rice or use it to make burrito bowls with beans, corn and salsa.
That’s a great meal prep idea guys, we have these ingredients in our fridge most of the time, then our boys can make their own burrito or taco bowls and help themselves!
Looking For More Flavorful Marinade Recipes?
- Fiesta Steak Marinade
- Our Favorite Steak Marinade
- Chinese BBQ Pork Tenderloin
- Sheet Pan Garlic Chicken
This super tasty marinade recipe works with chicken, turkey, steak or pork! The ingredients in this marinade are so flavorful you don’t need a ton of time for marinating the meat beforehand!
- 3 – 4 chipotle peppers with sauce (depending on how spicy you want the marinade, we use 4)
- 4 large cloves of garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Add all the ingredients for the marinade into a blender. Blend until smooth and emulsified and then pour over 2 pounds of your protein of choice.
- Marinate the meat for at least an hour or up to 8 hours.
This marinade recipe is enough for 2 pounds of chicken, steak, pork or turkey.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, marinade recipe, chipotle marinade, honey chipotle marinade, chicken marinade, steak marinade, pork marinade, turkey marinade