These Hard Cider Lamb Chops are so tasty and much easier to make than you might think! An impressive dinner recipe that’s done in 15 minutes!
We do love boozy food! Cooking with wine, beer or hard cider like in this recipe really brings out the flavor in your food! Be sure to check out this classic Creamy Chicken Marsala (made with real marsala wine) and these Guinness Braised Lamb Chops made with real Guinness beer!
A 15 Minute Dinner Recipe Worthy Of Entertaining!
This week is all about cooking with booze, like the Spicy Drunken Shrimp from Monday, simmered away in beer…now these Hard Cider Lamb Chops.
So to be perfectly honest here, I don’t really like lamb unless it’s these baby lamb chops. Then I love it. The baby chops seem more mild tasting than the bigger cuts of meat – and I just think they’re more fun to eat this way!
I think people shy away from buying these because they’re expensive – and they are. But once in a while I think good food is worth the splurge. This recipe that fed my family of four (including my 11 year old who honestly eats more than I do at this point) for just about 25 bucks. It’s not too bad – and way cheaper than ordering them out!
We sat down to eat these chops for dinner and my boys looked up and saw me pick one with my hands and start eating. Then they looked at the wife. Then they looked back at me. They couldn’t have been happier to drop those forks and knives and use their hands. It was pretty funny – kind of like putting food on a stick to get your kids to eat!
How Do You Make These Hard Cider Lamb Chops?
The glaze for this lamb chop recipe only takes about 5 minutes to throw together, then you let it reduce and get your lamb ready for either the grill or under the broiler.
Because sometimes we want these lamb chops and it’s too cold to go out and grill or maybe, even it’s snowing. That doesn’t stop us, the broiler does the trick!
Definitely cook these lamb chops to only a medium rare – otherwise lamb gets very tough and gamey tasting.
So on the grill it’s only about 3-4 minutes on each side and about the same time for under the broiler. Honestly, we’re talking even less than 15 minutes to get these chops on the table!
Looking For More Easy Dinner Recipes?
- Marinated Fiesta Steak Tips
- Dan’s Famous Whiskey Flank Steak
- Easy Penne Vodka
- Easy Chicken & Broccoli Meatballs
These delicious lamb chops are done in just 15 minutes!
- 12 baby lamb chops
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 cup of hard apple cider
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Preheat the broiler or heat up the grill to medium-high.
- Add the cider, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and vinegar to a sauce pan and boil until reduced by half and thickened. The glaze will thicken more as it cools down as well.
- Season the lamb chop with salt and pepper on both sides. Brush the lamb chops generously with the glaze and place under the broiler for 4 minutes. If grilling, grill the lamp chops without the glaze and then glaze when they come off the grill.
- Take the lamb chops out of the oven and flip them over to the other side.
- Brush the second side with more glaze and broil for another 3-4 minuets until they are medium rare.
- If you like your lamb cooked more than medium-rare, leave them in for another minute or two on each side.
- Generously glaze the lamb chops after they come out of the oven, sprinkle with the scallions and serve with any remainder glaze on the side.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American