Steak with Spicy Chimichurri Sauce is tour new favorite grilling recipe! Chimichurri is a fresh, vibrant sauce that goes perfectly on grilled steak!
If you love flavorful steak recipes, be sure and try Dan’s Famous Whiskey Steak! We make it at least once a week during grilling season!
What Is Chimichurri Sauce?
Chimichurri is an uncooked sauce for grilled meats, or any type of meat or poultry in my opinion. Chimichurri originated in Argentina and is typically made with parsley, garlic, olive oil and vinegar.
Obviously you can play with those ingredients like we did here by swapping out the parsley for kale and adding spice with crushed red pepper flakes.
How Do You Make Chimichurri Sauce?
You can chop everything up by hand like we did, or add it all the a food processor to make it really easy.
There’s no need to refrigerate chimichurri unless you’re making it the day before, then you can cover it and keep it in your fridge but remember to take it out an hour or so before you need it to let it come to room temperature.
What Type Of Meat Should I Grill?
We have a London Broil here, but you can use flank steak or really any type of steak you like to make this recipe. Grill the steak to your liking then remove it from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.
I chose a London Broil for this recipe but really any cut of steak will work for this. When the steak is done, remove it to a cutting board and cover with foil.
Then walk away.
Give it 15 minutes to rest or all the juices will come out as soon as you cut it and it won’t look like this…
I poured the spicy chimichurri sauce all over the steak first and then sliced it. Then I poured on some more.
Worried about the spiciness for the kids? Don’t be. This is seriously the best recipe to try out any type of spice level on your kids. The freshness of the kale, parsley and garlic tone down the heat so you hardly know it’s there.
How did we describe dinner to our 8 year old? Salad sauce on a steak. He thought that was pretty hilarious and interesting enough to eat.
So he did and he loved it, and now he asks for Grilled Steak with Spicy Kale Chimichurri sauce every now and then when I’m grilling…you know, the salad sauce on the steak.
Family dinners are even better when the kids eat all their dinner too, right? I mean it’s east to get a win if you’re putting spaghetti and meatballs on the table but when you win a dinner like this it feels pretty awesome.
Looking For More Steak Recipes?Print
Steak with Spicy Chimichurri Sauce is the perfect way to add flavor to your steak!
- 2 lb. sirloin (or flank) steak
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Chimichurri Sauce:
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup chopped kale and spring mix, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot, chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce to a small bowl and mix to combine. Let sit on the counter until the steak is done.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat while you season the steak.
- Use the salt, pepper, cumin and garlic powder to season the steak by rubbing onto both sides.
- Grill the steak for 8 minutes on each side for medium rare, this will depend on the thickness of the steak you’re using but you want an internal temperature of 140 degrees with a 15 minute resting time.
- Pull the steak off the grill and let it rest for 15 minutes, covered with foil.
- Slice the steak and top with the chimichurri sauce.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chimichurri sauce recipe, grilling recipes, sauce recipes, steak recipes, dinner ideas
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Stop & Shop for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.