These Dirty Mary Shots taste just like a classic Bloody Mary cocktail, but with tequila instead of vodka! These shots are so fun for parties and brunch!
A Fun Tequila Shot For Parties
Shots just scream party, am I right? I mean, I’m definitely the guy that comes out with a tray of shots from the kitchen that no one was expecting. And that’s when everyone starts saying, oh no – no shots for me.
And then I hand some right to them. These Dirty Mary Shots are just like a Bloody Mary Cocktail, but made with tequila instead of vodka. Why tequila? Because I like to switch things up a bit sometimes and tequila fit the bill for this party.
I’m sure it had something to do with the food…
What Appetizers Can I Serve With These Tequila Shots?
There’s no rookies here. We all know you need to bring on the food when you’re having a party with drinks. Especially a party with tequila shots! Make a bunch of your favorite Tex-Mex appetizers like we have here!
- Homemade Guacamole
- Fresh Pico de Gallo
- Layered Beef Burrito Dip
- Skillet Sausage Queso
- Homemade Beef Tacos
- Creamy Jalapeño Dip
We’re keeping these shots super simple by using a store bought bloody mary mix, you can find them in the regular grocery store! Of course you can use your favorite bloody mary recipe but sometimes you just need a simple cocktail for a party!
Can I Make These Shots Ahead Of Time?
You can if you don’t mind that they aren’t layered. The layering in these shots is just for presentation, it does look cool but if you need a whole lot of these Dirty Mary Shots then just combine the ingredients in a pitcher and rim the shot glasses ahead of time.
Looking For More Shot Recipes?
- Duck Fart Shot (our most popular shot recipe!)
- Double Trouble Tropical Tequila
- Lime Drop Shots
- Pineapple Upside Down Shots
These fun tequila shots are perfect for happy hour or brunch!
- 4 oz. V8 Bloody Mary mix
- 4 oz. tequila
- Jalapeño salt for rimming the glasses (if you can’t find jalapeño salt, use regular salt mixed with a pinch of cayenne pepper)
- Lime wedges
- Take a lime wedge and run it around the rim of a 2 ounce shot glass. Dip the rim in the jalapeño salt, turning until the whole rim is covered.
- Pour the V8 Bloody Mary mix to the bottom of each shot glass.
- Carefully pour the tequila over the back of the spoon to layer it on top of the V8 juice. Repeat with the remaining glasses.
You can also mix these shots in a pitcher ahead of time for parties (they won’t be layered but the flavor is the same!)
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Pour
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bloody mary, cocktail recipes, shot recipes, tequila shots, brunch cocktails