These Crock Pot Crispy Brussels Sprouts are SO crispy and delicious, you’ll never believe these sprouts came out of a crock pot!
A Slow Cooker Brussels Sprouts Recipe That Isn’t Mushy!
So I’ve called this brussels sprouts recipe “crispy” because i want you to know that these aren’t going to be any mushy sprouts recipe.
These brussels sprouts only cook for 4 hours in your slow cooker, on low, so they come out perfectly tender – and not mushy in any way. Because no one wants mushy sprouts.
What the crock pot does is infuse all the flavors of the liquid that we’re going to add to these brussel sprouts. Wine, balsamic vinegar, garlic and seasonings so these sprouts are so full of flavor you won’t be able to stop eating them.
And then, right at the end we’re going to add a splash of cream to the cooking liquid and top these sprouts with panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
I promise you, these are going to be some of the best sprouts you’ll ever have!
What Can You Serve With This Brussels Sprout Recipe?
But like I said, these brussels sprouts are going to go really well with most dinner recipes. Try a juicy grilled steak or a comforting Brown Gravy Meatloaf or even some of these Bang Bang Fish Nuggets!
Also this side dish is one of our top holiday men planning recipes! Having these babies cooking in your slow cooker instead of taking up oven space on Thanksgiving – for instance – is a huge bonus.
Plus the fact that they take about 5 minutes to get together and then they cook all on their own. When we’re thinking about a vegetable side for the holidays or just any busy dinner night, this is one of our go to recipes!
So maybe you’re looking for a more lower carb recipe? Well, first I have to tell you the breadcrumbs don’t add many carbs to this recipe. But if you really are cracking down just leave the breadcrumbs out and use only the parmesan cheese.
The breadcrumbs don’t really add flavor, just a nice little crunch on top of the sprouts, which for me, is the perfect amount!
Looking For More Vegetable Sides?
We have quite a combination of low carb side dishes and full on carb loaded recipes…it’s all about what you’re looking for! For me, a combination of both works well. If you head over to our Side Dish Menu at the top of the site you can find many more ideas!
- Bacon Wrapped Carrots
- Spicy Mushroom Rice
- Creamed Spaghetti Squash with Bacon and Cheese
- Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob
This crock pot brussels sprouts recipe is not only perfect for your holiday dinners but for any dinner that you need an easy side dish recipe!
- 2 (12 ounce) bags brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Add the brussels sprouts to a 4 quart crock pot or slow cooker.
- Pour in the wine, olive oil and balsamic vinegar into a bowl. Add the salt, both peppers and garlic and whisk to combine. Pour over the brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Set your crock pot to low heat for 4 hours or high heat for 2 hours, low setting is recommended.
- When the brussels sprouts are done, pour in the cream and stir. Remove the sprouts to a serving dish and top with the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
To toast the breadcrumbs, add them to a dry skillet over medium heat. Cook, tossing often until the breadcrumbs are light brown in color.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brussels sprouts, brussels sprouts recipe, side dish, side dish recipe, vegetable recipe, easy side dish