Try these Oven Roasted Potatoes with Bacon as a side dish for most any dinner! These crispy potatoes are so addicting, everyone will be gobbling them up!
An Addicting Roasted Potato Recipe
So these Crispy Oven Roasted Bacon Potatoes – you need to make them ASAP. Oven roasted potatoes tossed in a warm bacon dressing and then MORE bacon added to that…these are the most amazing potatoes you’ll ever eat.
This recipe is along the lines of a German Potato Salad, but even better. First of all, these potatoes are oven roasted until crispy instead of just boiled potatoes like a potato salad. Second of all we’re adding tons of bacon to our bacon dressing, not just a tablespoon or two of bacon bits.
This roasted potato side dish works for a casual dinner with grilled steak and even on your holiday table along with that gorgeous Beef Wellington.
How To Make Oven Roasted Potatoes with Bacon
Start out by just cubing potatoes into small pieces like you see in the photos. I used smaller potatoes to get more skin on each one, but you can use whatever size you have, just make sure they are about the same size that I have here.
When the potatoes are roasting you can make the skillet dressing. This is a warm dressing, which is perfect for these potatoes so they don’t cool down as you toss them. If you’ve never made a warm bacon dressing before now is the TIME.
The dressing is easy, just a few tablespoons of bacon grease…yep bacon grease from the bacon you cooked just before. That is going to swap out for the oil in this dressing so make sure you save it.
Then it’s standard dressing making from here, dijon mustard to make the dressing stay together (and for flavor) vinegar, a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper.
When the potatoes are done and super crispy, pull the out of the oven and get them into a large bowl to toss with the dressing.
If the dressing separates in the pan just whisk it back together before tossing with the potatoes, it’s all going in the same place. Epic, Crispy, Bacony, Potatoes. That’s actually what I should have called these but one bite and you’ll be right there with me.
Make these Crispy Oven Roasted Bacon Potatoes for Mom on Mother’s Day. For Dad on Father’s Day…any day for anyone. Because everyone is going to love them!
Looking For More Potato Recipes?
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Perfectly Smooth Mashed Potatoes
- Old Fashioned Mashed Potato Cakes
- Cheesy Crock Pot Potatoes
Crispy Oven Roasted Bacon Potatoes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
These addicting oven roasted potatoes are tossed in a warm bacon dressing that is out of this world delicious!
- 3 pounds small white potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and chopped, reserving 3 tablespoons of the bacon drippings
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes into a 1 inch dice and place in a large bowl.
- Toss the potatoes with the salt, pepper and olive oil then add to a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes, turning the potatoes halfway through the cooking time.
- When the potatoes are done place them in a large bowl and then start the bacon dressing.
- In a small skillet, add the reserved bacon drippings over medium heat.
- Whisk in the dijon mustard until smooth, then whisk in the vinegar and sugar.
- Let the dressing come to a simmer then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes, add the chopped bacon and fresh thyme leaves then toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: side dish recipe, potato recipe, oven roasted potatoes, recipes with bacon, holiday side dishes