This Chicken Satay Bruschetta has a slightly spicy, peanut flavored shredded chicken topping! This bruschetta recipe is one of our go to appetizers!
An Easy Peanut Chicken Recipe For Appetizers Or Dinner!
What are you going to serve to drink with this? Beer, and lots of it. The spicy peanut chicken topped with sriracha is just yelling for you to go and grab a few cold ones.
The peanut sauce for this recipe is one that my wife has been using for years, we use it as a base for a lot of recipes. Make up the satay sauce and pour it all over the chicken, throw some scallions on top and bake it in the oven.
You could stop right at this point and serve this chicken over rice. It comes out of the oven looking like this – awesome chicken satay.
So like I said, serve this peanut chicken recipe as is with ramen noodles, rice and some steamed broccoli and dinner is served! Our boys absolutely LOVE this peanut chicken, they cut it up and make rice bowls or noodles bowls for dinner
How Do You Make This Chicken Bruschetta Recipe?
But today we’re going to turn this chicken satay into party food! Shred the chicken and place it all in a bowl. Spoon over some of the satay sauce from the baking dish and stir it all together.
Slice a thin baguette into 1/2″ thick pieces and place on a sheet pan. Brush lightly with olive oil and then top the bread with some salt and pepper.
Bakes the bread at 400 degrees fore 4-5 minutes a side. Remove from the oven to cool slightly and then top the bread slices with the shredded chicken, shredded carrots and chopped scallions.
You can also add sesame seeds or chopped peanuts for more garnish!
Again, you can stop there – but all of that topped of with a drizzle of sriracha makes it that much better! A platter of this Chicken Satay Bruschetta will make any meal a party – or it will become the meal like it did at my house!
Looking For More Chicken Appetizers?
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Dry Rub BBQ Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Eggs
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
This mildly spicy peanut flavored chicken makes for the perfect party appetizer!
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 Italian baguette (long and thin)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 scallions, chopped
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- sriracha sauce
For the Satay Sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 up. light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add all the ingredients for the satay sauce into a medium sized bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Add the chicken in an oven safe dish. Pour the satay sauce over the chicken and bake, uncovered for 35 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven and cover to keep warm.
- Turn the oven up to 400 degrees.
- Slice the baguette into 1/2″ slices and place on a baking sheet. Brush each slice of bread with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes, then turn and bake for another 5, checking to make sure they don’t burn.
- Shred the chicken in the peanut sauce. Add some of the chicken to each toasted bread slice and top with chopped scallions, some shredded carrots and a drizzle of sriracha (if desired)
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bruschetta recipe, appetizers, appetizer recipes, easy chicken recipes, easy appetizer recipes, peanut chicken, peanut sauce recipe