This mildly spicy peanut flavored chicken makes for the perfect party appetizer!
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 Italian baguette (long and thin)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 scallions, chopped
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- sriracha sauce
For the Satay Sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 up. light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add all the ingredients for the satay sauce into a medium sized bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Add the chicken in an oven safe dish. Pour the satay sauce over the chicken and bake, uncovered for 35 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven and cover to keep warm.
- Turn the oven up to 400 degrees.
- Slice the baguette into 1/2″ slices and place on a baking sheet. Brush each slice of bread with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes, then turn and bake for another 5, checking to make sure they don’t burn.
- Shred the chicken in the peanut sauce. Add some of the chicken to each toasted bread slice and top with chopped scallions, some shredded carrots and a drizzle of sriracha (if desired)
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bruschetta recipe, appetizers, appetizer recipes, easy chicken recipes, easy appetizer recipes, peanut chicken, peanut sauce recipe