Looking for an easy and delicious dinner idea? Our Chicken Lazone is a comfort food you and your family will love. We start with chicken tenderloins that are seared in a pan and then smothered in a creamy, flavorful sauce. In no time at all, you’ll have a delicious, family-friendly meal that is sure to impress.
Creamy, Comforting Chicken Lazone Recipe
When you need a dinner that’s easy to assemble and only requires a few ingredients, Chicken Lazone is the one to make. Chicken Lazone starts with seasoned chicken tenderloins that are browned in a skillet with butter until golden brown on both sides.
After the chicken tenderloins are browned, a flavorful, rich and creamy sauce is made in the same skillet that reduces and thickens before pouring over the chicken.
We love serving this easy chicken recipe over spaghetti so that we can toss all the pasta with the cream sauce. Another option would be to serve this chicken dinner over rice or even mashed potatoes.
Can I Use Chicken Breasts Instead Of Chicken Tenderloins?
Definitely. The idea here is that chicken tenderloins are smaller, therefore they have more surface that gets brown and seasoned. If you only have chicken breasts on hand, slice the breast into strips to resemble the size of chicken tenderloins.
Can Chicken Lazone Be Made Ahead Of Time?
Yes! You can make this entire recipe ahead of time, let it cool and then store in the refrigerator. Then all you need to do at dinner time is boil the pasta and toss it with the chicken and cream sauce.
Do save some of the water from the pot before draining the pasta to use for the sauce if needed. As the cream sauce cools it will thicken even more so you might need some pasta water to thin it out.
What Sides Can I Serve With This Chicken Dinner?
Since Chicken Lazone is traditionally served over spaghetti, you’ve already got your protein and carbs accounted for. Adding a crisp salad or fresh vegetables will round out the meal and help to cut through the richness of the dish
- Homemade Caesar Salad
- Broccoli Salad (No Mayo!)
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Honey Glazed Carrots
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Glaze
What Else Can I Add To This Chicken Recipe?
Chicken goes with so many other ingredients, it’s easy to add a few extras in here. Different types of sausage would be a delicious addition to the chicken, like Italian sausage or kielbasa. Or try adding more vegetables like fresh spinach or mushrooms.
I definitely feel like this chicken recipe is a perfect base all on its own, but it can also be used to “clean out the fridge” if you will. Just sauté any vegetables that you’d like to add after browning the chicken tenderloins, before adding the cream to make the pan sauce.
Can I Substitute Heavy Cream For Half and Half?
This recipe is best made with heavy cream, for its rich flavor and creaminess. However, you could substitute half and half if needed, just know that the sauce will not be as thick as it would if you had used heavy cream.
Looking For More Easy Chicken Recipes?
- No Peek Chicken
- Ultimate Chicken Quesadillas
- Chicken Pastina Soup
- Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- Chicken Parmesan Tenderloins
Chicken Lazone is a comforting, creamy chicken recipe that only requires a few ingredients! Serve over a bed of spaghetti or rice to soak up all of the flavorful cream sauce!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Add the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and Italian seasoning to a small bowl and mix together. Remove 2 teaspoons of the spice rub from the bowl and set aside.
- Season both sides of the chicken tenderloins with the spice rub. Add the butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the chicken in a single layer to the pan. You will probably need to brown the chicken in two batches, depending on the size of your skillet. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with a second batch if needed and remove the chicken to the plate with foil.
- Pour the cream into the skillet using a spatula to scrape up the bottom of the pan. Add the two teaspoons of reserved spice rub along with the parmesan cheese. Stir together and bring to a simmer.
- Return the chicken to the sauce along with any juices that have accumulated on the plate. Simmer the chicken in the sauce for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has thickened. The sauce will thicken more as it cools, so account for about 10 minutes of resting time after the chicken is done.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the spaghetti according to the package directions and drain. Serve the chicken on top of a bed of pasta with the sauce spooned over the top. Garnish with fresh parsley and more parmesan cheese.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, easy chicken recipes, easy dinner ideas, comfort food recipes, chicken and pasta recipes, recipes with chicken tenderloins