This fun and festive Candy Cane Martini is so tasty, and it only takes minutes to make! Serve these holiday cocktails up at your next party. This martini starts with a homemade infused vodka that everyone will want the recipe for!
Why You’ll Love This Candy Cane Martini
This Candy Cane Martini tastes as good as it looks! Candy cane infused vodka with vanilla schnapps and cranberry juice to balance it out. Fun, festive and oh so delicious.
- Festive Cocktail For The Holidays: This is a perfect Christmas cocktail recipe. It’s pretty, has a little homemade extra touch and tastes amazing.
- Make In Bulk: Like many recipes during the holidays, we need to double it and triple it and more for all the extra guests. This martini drink can easily be made for a crowd!
- Make Ahead Of Time: Another thing that we look for in holiday recipes is if it can be made ahead of time, and this candy cane martini can.
How To Make Flavored Vodka
There are so many different flavored vodka out there to try and I’ve been working really hard to get through them all…
But sometimes it’s fun to try making your own flavored vodka. The possibilities are endless. All you need is some plain vodka and whatever you can imagine to infuse it with – and this time I chose candy canes.
You could also use this same idea to make this fun Champagne Jello Shot Recipe! Just swap out the champagne for infused or plain vodka and you’re ready to party!
Food Fanatic needed a few Christmas Cocktails and I was here to help with this martini recipe.
Candy is pretty much a free for all in our house for the month of December. The boys have an advent calendar with candy in it for the mornings (your welcome teachers) and if they want to grab a candy cane after school or after dinner they can.
This year my wife bought a ton candy canes and so did I. You know that whole communication thing…so we ended up with a LOT of candy canes.
What to do with all the extra candy canes? Make a Candy Cane Martini of course.
I started by infusing plain vodka with crushed candy canes and let that sit for a couple of days. Then I strained it and stored it in a container until I was ready to mix.
There were a lot of martini recipes I found using candy canes, but most of them used white crème de menthe or even evaporated milk to make the martini creamy…
For this martini recipe I decided not to add the creamy stuff, but instead I added vanilla schnapps to give it a hint of vanilla flavor.
And then you’ve got the cranberry juice to cut through all the sweetness of this Candy Cane Martini recipe, because they are on the sweet side…
Looking For More Christmas Cocktails?
- Christmas Morning Mimosa
- Slow Cooker Christmas Punch
- Champagne Cocktail Recipes
- Prosecco Holiday Pom Pom
This fun and festive Candy Cane Martini tastes as good as it looks! Minty, candy cane infused vodka with vanilla schnapps and a splash of tart cranberry juice to balance it out!
For the Infused Candy Cane Vodka:
- 6 Small Candy Canes, Crushed
- 4 shots Vodka
For Rimming the Glasses:
- 6 Small Candy Canes, Crushed
For Each Drink:
- 5 ounces Infused Vodka
- 2 ounces Vanilla Schnapps
- 2 ounces Cranberry Juice
To Make the Candy Cane Vodka:
- Take the crushed candy canes and add them to a container with the 5 ounces of vodka.
- Shake well and let sit overnight or up to 2 days.
- Strain the vodka through a fine strainer into another container.
To Rim the Glasses:
- Take the crushed candy canes and pour out into an even layer on a shallow plate. Pour a shallow layer of water onto another plate.
- Dip each glass in the water first, and then into the crushed candy canes.
To Make the Drinks:
- For each drink, take 2 ½ oz. of the infused vodka and add it to a shaker along with 1 oz. of vanilla schnapps and 1 oz. of cranberry juice.
- Shake well and strain into a martini glass.
The 8 hour prep time is to make the candy cane infused vodka. To skip this step, you can buy peppermint vodka or even candy cane vodka already made if you can find it. Another good swap out is vanilla vodka with a dash of mint extract.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, candy cane martini, infused vodka, flavored vodka recipe, martini recipe, holiday cocktails, christmas cocktails