Bratwurst with Pineapple Tequila Salsa is the ultimate summer grilling recipe! Kick up your grilled brats with this sweet pineapple salsa!
Can You Substitute Italian Sausage In This Recipe?
You definitely can, but we love the flavor of bratwurst, especially with this pineapple tequila salsa but Italian sausage will be delicious here too.
Pretty much any bratwurst recipe can be swapped out with Italian sausage, they are fairly similar but bratwurst in made from pork or veal instead of beef like sausage.
This bratwurst recipe is getting a double boozy kick from beer and tequila! First we’re going to boil the brats in beer and onions to give them another layer of flavor.
This is how my parents always made bratwurst when I was growing up and being from the Midwest, most everyone I knew made bratwurst this was too.
On top of being soaked in beer, we’re going to top this bratwurst with a tequila and pineapple salsa that’s going to blow your mind!
Definitely bookmark this pineapple salsa recipe because it is delicious on fish, chicken and even hot dogs and burgers. You can even serve it with tortilla chips for dipping, and of course, pile it on your tacos.
After the brats have boiled in their beer bath, they only need a couple of minutes on the grill to crisp them up. You can even skip this step if you want to since the bratwurst will be cooked at this point.
But if you can, get them on the grill because the flavor is amazing.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
This bratwurst recipe is really perfect for BBQ’s or parties or just busy family dinners because you can definitely make it ahead of time.
Of course you can make the pineapple salsa ahead of time, and you should to let the flavors blend together in the refrigerator. Then you can boil the bratwurst and let them cool, then keep them in the fridge until you’re ready for dinner.
Throw them on the grill for 5 minutes and dinner is served! It doesn’t get much easier than that.
Looking For More Grilling Recipes?
- DAN’S FAMOUS WHISKEY STEAK
- STICKY BBQ ROOT BEER RIBS
- WHISKEY BURGER
- GRILLED CHICKEN WITH COWBOY CAVIAR
This tasty twist on grilled bratwurst will be a BBQ party hit!
- 1 package bratwurst (5 per pack)
- 2 (12 ounce) beers
- 1 large onion, sliced
For the salsa
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced (if you use canned make sure and drain it well)
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 2 cups chopped grape tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced finely
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- 1 ounce tequila
- Add the beer, chopped onion and bratwurst to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn down to simmer, partially cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- While the brats are cooking you can make the salsa by adding all the ingredients to a bowl and stirring together. Taste for seasoning and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Grill the bratwurst for 2-3 minutes on each side over medium-high heat.
- Place each bratwurst on a bun and top with the pineapple salsa.
You can easily double or triple the amount or bratwurst in this recipe, there will be plenty of salsa to go on top!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill/Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.