This tasty twist on grilled bratwurst will be a BBQ party hit!
- 1 package bratwurst (5 per pack)
- 2 (12 ounce) beers
- 1 large onion, sliced
For the salsa
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced (if you use canned make sure and drain it well)
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 2 cups chopped grape tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced finely
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- 1 ounce tequila
- Add the beer, chopped onion and bratwurst to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn down to simmer, partially cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- While the brats are cooking you can make the salsa by adding all the ingredients to a bowl and stirring together. Taste for seasoning and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Grill the bratwurst for 2-3 minutes on each side over medium-high heat.
- Place each bratwurst on a bun and top with the pineapple salsa.
You can easily double or triple the amount or bratwurst in this recipe, there will be plenty of salsa to go on top!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill/Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bratwurst, bratwurst recipes, grilling recipes, bbq recipes, low carb recipes, pineapple salsa, party food