Pepper & Cheese Hasselback Bratwurst are hitting the grill tonight! Plain brats are good, but these grilled brats are stuffed with peppers and cheese!
What Does Hasselback Mean?
There’s a lot of recipes you see these days for HASSELBACK POTATOES or Hasselback chicken, it’s basically making some cuts into the item you’re cooking and stuffing it.
So you can do this with vegetables or protein – or both!
Making something in “hasselback” style like these Pepper & Cheese Hasselback Bratwurst is not only an impressive presentation but it’s darn tasty, too. With layers of flavor in every bite, how can you go wrong?
Also, it’s one of those recipes that does look impressive but it really isn’t that hard to make at all.
How Do You Make Hasselback Bratwurst?
Start off by grilling the bratwurst. You’re going to cook them almost all the way though really because once you stuff them with the peppers and cheese it’ll just be to melt the cheese.
Next make 5 cuts about 3/4 way through the brats and get them stuffed with your peppers and cheese.
I put mine in a grill pan to spare my grill from drippy cheese clean up, but if you don’t have a grill pan you can put them right back on your grill or even in a foil pan.
The bratwurst will only need another few minutes on the grill to melt the cheese…then you can pile them on buns and serve.
Watch This Quick Video To See How Easy It Is To Make This Bratwurst Recipe!
What Side Dishes Can You Serve With Bratwurst?
- CLASSIC POTATO SALAD
- ROASTED BBQ POTATO SALAD
- DEVILISH BUFFALO CHICKEN PASTA SALAD
- HOMEMADE SHOESTRING FRENCH FRIES
- SLOW COOKER LOADED BAKED BEANS
This fun twist on grilled bratwurst has tons of flavor from peppers and cheese!
- 1 package bratwurst
- 1 8 oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 4 oz. of Monterey jack cheese or mozzarella cheese, sliced into 10 pieces
- 5 hot dog buns
- Grill the bratwurst over medium high neat for 3-4 minutes, then turn and grill another 3 minutes.
- Remove the bratwurst from the grill and let cool slightly.
- Make 5 cuts in each bratwurst, slicing 3/4 of the way through.
- Add a piece of roasted red pepper to each outside cut, then a piece of cheese, then a piece of roasted red pepper in the middle cut.
- Repeat with the rest of the brats, then place back on the grill for another 3-4 minutes to melt the cheese and finish cooking through.
- Serve immediately on buns.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bratwurst, bratwurst recipe, grilling recipe, sausage and peppers, sausages, low carb recipe, easy dinners, dinner ideas
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.