These Asiago Cheese Crisps are the perfect low carb appetizer or snack! Sharp cheese melted with fresh herbs turns into a perfect, crispy cracker!
Low Carb Crackers
We make these Asiago Cheese Crisps ALL the time! I’m telling you, if you’re on a low carb diet or not, you’re still going to love these. Not for the low carb part, just for the way they taste!
Yes, these a really are low carb recipe. But I’m telling you, the sharp cheese melted with fresh sage and a few pignoli nuts sprinkled on top…these cheese crisps are a flavor explosion.
What Kinds Of Cheese Can I Use To Make Cheese Crisps?
This is where you can start to experiment! Definitely a harder cheese like Asiago, Parmesan or Romano cheese is going to be perfect. We’ve tried making these cheese crisps with a shard cheddar and it worked, they just didn’t form up or get as crispy as these Asiago Cheese Crisps.
So you can also try a Swiss or Gruyere cheese, those would be awesome – even a sharp Provolone or Gouda will be fine too. AND amazingly tasty.
Just think of all the different cheese to nut to herb combinations you can make for these cheese crisps! It’s gotten me to thinking that we need to start making a few more of these low carb crackers!
When the cheese crisps come out of the oven, you can leave them to harden up flat or give them a shape by putting them over a rolling pin or even the bottom of a muffin tin.
What Can You Serve With These Cheese Crisps?
Eat them straight up – as is, I say.
But yes, they can be served with toppings, too! Any type of thinly sliced meat like salami or prosciutto will be perfect…bacon? Yes. Bacon is always an option.
You can actually chop up bacon or use real bacon bits and add them right to these cheese crisps instead of using nuts. Well, that looks like the next recipe idea…coming soon.
Looking For More Appetizer Recipes?
- Cheeseburger Meatballs
- Pepperoni Pizza Arancini
- Reuben Fritters
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Fiesta Steak Tips
These low carb crackers are going to be perfect on your appetizer platter or cheese board!
- 1 pound shredded asiago cheese
- 1 cup pignoli nuts
- 1/3 cup fresh sage, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place about a tablespoon and a half of asiago cheese onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Space the piles apart to fit about 6 on a baking sheet because they will spread as they cook.
- Add a few pignoli nuts and a sprinkle of sage to each crisp.
- Bake at 425 degrees until just slightly browned on the edges, about 5 minutes. The cheese crisps will firm up as they cool.
- Remove the cheese crisps from the baking sheet with a spatula and either let harden flat on a cooling rack or over a rolling pin to give them a shape.
- Repeat until you have approximately 24 crisps.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low carb appetizer, low carb recipe, low carb snack, low carb cracker, appetizers