These Buffalo Chicken Celery Sticks are totally addictive – and if you’re looking for a low carb snack or lunch this is the recipe you need.
As you can see by the recipes on the site lately I’m trying to lighten things up a little. That doesn’t mean I’m not going to fry up a few things on the weekends but during the week it’s going to be a little lighter like these Chicken Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms we had the other night for dinner.
For now anyway…
I can’t stand boring food though. Boring food isn’t going to keep me sticking to any kind of diet, I’ve learned that before. So what I set out to do is make more interesting food that’s going to make me actually want to eat it.
Buffalo chicken anything always keeps me pretty interested. Wings are number one, which if you’re following low carb type diet isn’t the worst thing in the world but I still don’t think eating a bucket of fried wings is going to get me in shape. Low carb or not.
This recipe only uses 1/4 cup of mayo, which you can adjust if you want less or more. It’s the buffalo wing sauce that really brings the flavor in. Roast and shred your own chicken like I did, or grab a rotisserie chicken from the store or even use canned chicken.
Just make up the chicken filling, grab some celery and start stuffing.
If you’re a blue cheese fan you can load some of that on top but I just topped mine with scallions. These Buffalo Chicken Celery Sticks are great for appetizers too, you can make them way ahead of time and they’re still going to hold up just fine.
If you’re on a low carb diet or even if you aren’t – you’re going to love these!Print
Makes 12 celery sticks
- 2 cups shredded chicken (you can use leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken or canned)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce
- 6 celery stalks cut in half (12 total)
- chopped chives for garnish
- Mix the chicken, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, pepper and buffalo wing sauce together in a bowl.
- Fill each celery stalk with the chicken filling and garnish with chopped chives.