What could be better for a summertime dessert than these Watermelon Tequila Truffles! Watermelon balls dipped in chocolate with a splash of tequila!
An Easy Dessert Recipe For Parties
This is the recipe – it’s the one you need. You guys can all thank me now…all you guys out there who think you can’t make dessert or you can’t make anything that looks fancy for your wife or girlfriend? This one’s for you. Just a little prep time while the watermelon soaks in the tequila and you’re done with this dessert in 15 minutes.
How To Make Watermelon Tequila Truffles
Ok, so you do have to ball up the watermelon and let it soak for a while in some tequila… that’s like downtime cooking. It’s just sitting in your fridge so you’re really not doing anything except waiting.
Then when it comes time to make your truffles you just need to melt some chocolate and start dipping.
I used Dove Promises mostly because I love them, but they do melt really well. There’s a ton of flavors you can choose from too – dark chocolate, mint, raspberry…but I went with the good old milk chocolate. I know, I know, I should have used dark chocolate because that’s what we’re all supposed to like the best. Dark chocolate is good but for me I’ll pick milk chocolate anytime.
Also a little tip for you, when you take the watermelon balls out of the tequila it help to dab them on a paper towel to get some of the excess tequila off. That way the chocolate sticks better when you start dipping.
Then just get them on a parchment lined baking sheet or plate and let them sit in the refrigerator to harden. They only need about a half and hour in the fridge and your truffles are done. Have yourself a watermelon cocktail while you’re waiting…
The one thing you don’t want to do is make these hours in advance because the watermelon juice will start to leak out of the chocolate. But you can definitely get them done 3 -4 hours ahead of time and they’ll be fine.
This is also a really fun recipe for the kids to help with and even better to eat…obviously skip the tequila soaking part and you’re all good!
Looking For More Easy Dessert Recipes?Print
Watermelon Tequila Truffles
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 20 1x
These super fun and tasty watermelon truffles are spiked with a splash of tequila!
- 6 ounces Dove® Promises Milk Chocolate
- 1 cup of tequila or vodka
- 1/2 of a large watermelon
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Using a melon baller scoop out as many balls as you can from your watermelon.
- Place the watermelon balls in a container with the tequila or vodka and let sit in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Drain the watermelon and lay out onto paper towels to dry.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave for 30 second intervals until it’s all melted or in a small pot on the stove.
- Grab a watermelon ball with a spoon and dip it in the chocolate making sure it’s totally covered all around.
- Repeat with the remaining watermelon and set to dry on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Dust with cocoa powder to garnish.
Makes about 20 truffles.
This recipe can easily be adapted to making as many or as little as you need. Just melt more chocolate as needed.
- Serving Size: Serves
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: truffle recipe, chocolate truffles, recipes with tequila, easy dessert recipes, party food