This Sunflower Whiskey Granola is great snacking on or for breakfast! That’s right, we spiked this granola recipe with a touch of honey whiskey!
The Breakfast Of Champions, Whiskey Granola
OK so don’t freak out when I tell you to have some whiskey in your granola for breakfast. Breakfast, dessert, and definitely dinner – recipes with whiskey are all good. And there’s not all that much whiskey in here…just enough to give it a good flavor. And the booze all cooks off anyway right?
And yes, you can make this recipe and leave out the whiskey if you really wanted to but I really don’t know why you would.
This granola recipe is our twist on our favorite granola recipe that we make all the time. The method to make this is totally amazing – giving you big chunks of granola instead of it being all loose.
How To Make Sunflower Whiskey Granola
Starting is as easy as getting all your ingredients together…
Add them all into a big bowl…give the cornflakes a good crushing in a plastic bag before you add them in.
Melt the butter together with the honey, brown sugar and whiskey and pour all over the oats, sunflower seeds and cornflakes.
Stir it together so that everything is coated and then add one more thing – a beaten egg white. Stir once more and spread it all out on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
The granola is going to actually bake for about a half an hour. Then comes the real method to this recipe…you turn the oven off and leave the granola in there for an hour. Or turn the oven off and go on with your day. It doesn’t matter that much how long you leave it in there, just that you leave it in there for at least an hour.
When you take the granola out of the oven start breaking it up into big pieces. Some will break apart and be loose, some in big chunks…it’s all good.
Snack on it, have it over ice cream or have it in a bowl with milk for breakfast. I promise it’ll be the best bowl of cereal you’ll ever have!
Looking For More Breakfast Recipes?Print
The perfect granola – sunflower seeds, oats, cornflakes for crunch all combined with a butter, brown sugar honey and a splash of whiskey!
- 5 c. oats
- 5 c. cornflakes, crushed
- 2 c. sunflower seeds
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/4 c. whiskey
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl add the cornflakes, oats and sunflower seeds.
- Melt together the butter, brown sugar and the honey in a small saucepan or in the microwave.
- When the butter is melted, whisk to combine the ingredients, then pour in the whiskey and whisk again.
- Pour the butter mixture over the oats and stir to make sure all the ingredients are coated in the butter.
- Add in the egg white and stir to combine once more.
- Pour the granola onto 2 parchment lined baking sheets making sure you don’t spread out too thin or the granola won’t clump together.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and then turn the oven off, leaving the granola inside the oven.
- After an hour take the granola out of the oven and break apart into large pieces.
This recipe was adapted from Cookies and Cups
- Category: Breakfast / Brunch
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breakfast recipes, granola recipes, homemade granola