This Salty Nut Shot is the ultimate peanut lovers shot! I’ll show you how to use real peanuts and peanut butter to make this fun shot!
Maybe that didn’t sound so good.
But the shot is really, really good. I promise.
What else would I call a peanut flavored shot with salt around the rim?
It’s salty and nutty and very, very tasty.
So yes you’ll have to be a fan of peanuts to like this shot. And be a fan of salty things. But if you do like both – then this is the drink for you.
A Salty Nut Shot.
It’s a catchy name, right?
I combined Frangelico (one of my favorite liquors) with NutLiquor vodka, some peanut butter and a little cream. And shook the hell out out it with some ice. You can see all the ice chips floating to the top of the shot. It’s pretty awesome.
And just to amp up the peanut and salt flavor a little bit more, I rimmed the shot glass with crushed peanuts and kosher salt.
Are you still with me here? I know you’re still processing the name…
You can serve this as a dessert shot with some coffee, or during appetizers with some wings. It’s perfect for drinking with spicy food – it puts the fire right out.
As I have mentioned before, I am always sneaking off into the kitchen and whipping up shots of some sort. No one even asks where I’m going anymore – they all know.
But there wasn’t a party going on when I came up with this one. It was just 5:30 on a Tuesday. Just the wife and I.
We played around with some different ratios of the Frangelico and the Nutliquor Vodka until we came up with the perfect flavor combination.
I think it’s perfect anyway.
This nutty vodka shot will be a hit at parties!
- 2 oz. Frangelico liquor
- 1 1/2 oz. Nutliquor Vodka
- 2 T. creamy peanut butter
- 1 T. heavy cream
For rimming the glass
- 2 T. crushed peanuts
- 1 T. kosher salt
- Take the heavy cream and pour it over the peanut butter in a small dish. Heat in the microwave for 15 seconds then stir until smooth.
- Mix the crushed peanuts and salt together in a small bowl and pour out into a shallow dish.
- Slightly wet the rims of each shot glass and then dip into the peanut and salt mixture.
- Add the Frangelico, the vodka and the peanut butter mixture to a shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain into 2 shot glasses.
- Serving Size: 2
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shaken
Keywords: vodka drinks, vodka shots, cocktail recipes shot recipes