Tex-Mex Sausage Tortilla Rolls are going to be gone in seconds at your next party! Or try them for a fun twist on taco night at home!
Whenever we need to make a quick but knock-out appetizer we start with sausage. Our go to brand to grab is Johnsonville Sausage is the number one sausage brand in America and for good reason. It’s affordable, perfectly seasoned and tastes great with everything we make with it.
The best part about using Johnsonville® sausage besides the flavor is how easy it is to make great appetizers with and these Tex-Mex Sausage Tortilla Rolls are going to be perfect for game day.
The ingredients are simple. Johnsonville® Italian sausage (mild or spicy), mozzarella cheese, cumin, chili powder and whole wheat tortillas. No need for basic things like salt and pepper because it’s already in there. Now if I weren’t turning this sausage Tex-Mex I wouldn’t need to add any seasonings at all…but we’re turning this Italian sausage Tex-Mex with two simple spices.
Mix the sausage together with the cheese and spices in a bowl until it’s well mixed and then form it into a log like this on one end of your tortilla.
Roll it up and get it on a baking sheet, seems side down then brush the top with egg wash.
After these sausage rolls come out of the oven you’re going to want to let them cool just a few minutes…then trim the ends and slice them into two inch pieces.
Garnish the top with guacamole and salsa and get ’em on a platter. Be ready with more of these Tex-Mex Sausage Tortilla Rolls in the oven for round two. Round one isn’t going to last very long, I can promise you!Print
- 1 lb. Jonsonville® Italian Sausage
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 10″ whole wheat tortillas
- 1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon of water
- Store bought guacamole and salsa for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the sausage, chili powder, cumin and cheese in a bowl and mix until well incorporated.
- Lay out a tortilla on a board.
- Divide the filling into 4 equal parts.
- Take one fourth of the filling and roll it out into a 7-8″ roll.
- Place the roll on one end of the tortilla (as shown in the picture) and roll up tightly.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, then brush with the egg wash.
- Repeat with remaining filling and tortillas, you’ll ahve 4 tortilla rolls altogether.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Trim the ends of the tortilla rolls that have no filling in them and then slice into 2″ pieces.
- Top with guacamole and salsa.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.