This Loaded Taco Pie will turn dinner into a fiesta! This totally delicious, super easy taco pie recipe can be on the dinner table in just 30 minutes!
Tacos are a big thing in our house – like I’m pretty sure they are in most houses especially if you have kids.
And I love all of them.
But all the toppings are what make tacos right? Lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, guacamole, jalapeños, black beans if you’re my oldest son – the more the better. And of course lots and lots of cheese.
So the tacos are easy but it’s getting all the toppings together and on the table that can be kind of a pain in the neck.
Am I right?
Here’s where this easy Loaded Taco Pie recipe comes into play. One giant beef taco for the table that everyone can dive into.
How To Make Taco Pie
Grab a pie crust from the store and follow the package instructions for a one-crust baked shell.
Make sure you make a bunch of holes in the crust with a fork like this before it goes in the oven so it doesn’t puff up…
When it comes out nice and brown and crispy, you can pile on the beef filling, cover it with cheese and get it back in the oven for 15 minutes.
Now start piling on all your taco toppings. Lettuce, tomatoes, jalapeños, peppers, you name it. Whatever toppings you love on tacos you can throw on top of this beef taco pie.
You can even make this a low carb taco pie by simply spraying the pie dish with cooking spray and omitting the pie crust all together. Also feel free to swap out the beef for turkey or chicken too!
And you’re probably going to want a big scoop of sour cream and guacamole on the side, too.
I mean we are talking about a taco pie recipe here, you’ve gotta bring the guac!
Like I said, this taco pie is made with pie crust, but if you want a low carb taco pie recipe just forget the crust! Follow the instructions after the crust bakes and you’ll be good to go.
Maybe you’ll end up with more of a taco casserole instead but it’s the same flavors, and they are amazing!Print
You can make this easy taco pie recipe low carb too by omitting the crust! This beef taco pie is so delicious, it might just take over taco night!
- 1 frozen pie crust (follow the instructions on the package)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup store bought salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
For the toppings
- Shredded lettuce
- pickled jalapénos, chopped
- diced tomatoes
- extra cheese
- sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet start browning the beef in the canola oil over medium heat.
- Once the meat is browned, add the taco seasoning, garlic powder, salt, cumin and salsa and stir to combine.
- Pour the beef filling into your pre-baked pie crust and top with a layer of the shredded cheese.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Top the taco pie with the lettuce first and then add any additional toppings desired.
Keywords: taco pie, beef taco pie, easy taco pie, low carb taco pie, taco pie recipe, dinner recipes, ground beef recipes, taco casserole