These Creamy Bacon Mushrooms are swimming in a parmesan cream sauce! Use this easy mushroom recipe as a side dish or a topping for steak or chicken!
This mushroom recipe is my new favorite way to enjoy mushrooms! Good enough to eat all on their own and even better spooned over sliced steak or chicken, you’re going to seriously love these Creamy Bacon Mushrooms!
A Mouth Watering Mushroom Recipe
These Creamy Bacon Mushrooms are so luscious and decadent, you’ll have a hard time not putting them on every dinner menu that you’re planning!
Not only is this mushroom recipe packed with flavor, but they are also a super low carb recipe so it low carb is on your radar, we’ve got you.
These mushrooms are going to go perfectly on the side of any of chicken, steak or hamburgers or Roast Turkey recipe you’re making. But don’t save them just for a side dish either! You can also spoon these creamy mushrooms over your steak or chicken as a topping!
We love slicing a perfectly cooked steak and piling these mushrooms with bacon right on top. It’s even better than eating at a steak house, I can promise you.
Can I Make This Mushroom Recipe In Advance?
Like most recipes that I love, these mushrooms can definitely be made ahead of time! Actually making these mushrooms doesn’t take more than about 20 minutes so it’s really easy recipe to get together right before dinner too.
But if you do want to make them in advance, just know that the cream sauce will thicken up as it cools. I mean like really thick, it really won’t look like a sauce once it chills but all you need to do is gently reheat them on the stove or in the oven and they’ll be good as new.
I don’t love heating up this side dish recipe in the microwave because the sauce might “break” on you once it’s heated up. That means that the butter and cream might separate and look more greasy than a smooth, delicious cream sauce.
You see, just like that. Those mushrooms are literally swimming in the most delicious parmesan cream sauce you’ve ever tasted. So for reheating, I prefer a 350 degree oven, covered, about 15 minutes until warmed through, secondly I’d heat them up in a pot on the stove.
What Are Some Dinner Ideas That I Can Serve With This Side Dish?
There’s so many to choose from, but I’ll narrow down a few of our favorites just to give you some ideas!
Even try spooning this mushroom recipe over spaghetti squash or a pile of mashed potatoes for the main course. You’ve got your bacon going on in there so we’ve got the protein part of the recipe covered. Now that I’m thinking of it, you could use this recipe as a sauce for pasta too.
So yeah, pretty much anything!
Looking For More Side Dish Recipes?
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease, reserved from cooking the bacon
- 10 ounces whole button mushrooms, cleaned and stems trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Let the bacon drain on paper towels and drain the grease from the skillet, reserving a tablespoon for cooking the mushrooms.
- Add the bacon grease and butter to the same skillet. Once the butter is melted and frothy, add the mushrooms, salt, pepper and thyme to the skillet and cook 5 - 7 minutes until browned, turning as they cook.
- Pour the wine or chicken broth into the skillet and let the liquid reduce for 2 minutes. Add the cream and 2 tablespoons of the parmesan cheese and the cooked bacon, stir to combine and bring to a low simmer.
- Cook the mushrooms for 15 minutes over low heat until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Turn on the broiler to preheat. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese on top of the mushrooms and then place the skillet under the broiler for 2 minutes.
- Serve with chopped parsley and more fresh thyme for garnish.
You will need to use an oven proof skillet for this recipe!
Or if you want to skip the broiler, you can add the full 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese right to the sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335 Total Fat: 31g Saturated Fat: 18g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 90mg Sodium: 635mg Carbohydrates: 3.7g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 8g